List of famous people who majored in art history, including photos when available. This list of famous art history majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people are at the top. This list includes popular actors, musicians, athletes and more that majored or minored in art history. You can find various bits of information below, such as what year the person was born and what their profession is. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in art history you can use the "search" bar to find a specific name.
List is made up of many different people, including Gwyneth Paltrow and Emmy Rossum.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were art history majors?" and "Which famous people studied art history?"
- Photo: Michael Buckner / Getty ImagesGwyneth Kate Paltrow () (born September 27, 1972) is an American actress, singer, author, and businesswoman. She has won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Primetime Emmy Award and two Screen Actors Guild Awards. Her films have grossed US$3.2 billion at the U.S. box office and US$8.2 billion worldwide.Paltrow gained very early notice for her work in films such as Seven (1995), Emma (1996), Sliding Doors (1998), and A Perfect Murder (1998). She garnered wider critical acclaim for her performance as Viola De Lesseps in the historical romance film Shakespeare in Love (1998) which won her several awards, including the Academy Award for Best Actress. This was followed by roles in The... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 48
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Photo: DFree / ShutterstockEmmanuelle Grey Rossum (born September 12, 1986) is an American actress, television director, and singer-songwriter. She is known for her portrayal of Fiona Gallagher in the television series Shameless. Her role in Mystic River (2003) initially brought her recognition. She starred in the science-fiction film The Day After Tomorrow (2004) and received critical acclaim for her performance in the leading role of Christine Daaé in the film adaptation of The Phantom of the Opera (2004). In 2007, Rossum released her debut album, Inside Out. She also released a Christmas EP the same year, titled Carol of the Bells. In 2013, she released a follow-up album called Sentimental Journey.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 34
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Fredrick Brown / Getty ImagesMegan Mullally (born November 12, 1958) is an American actress, comedian and singer. She is best known for her starring role as Karen Walker on the NBC sitcom Will & Grace (1998–2006, 2017–present), for which she received eight Primetime Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, winning twice in 2000 and 2006. She also received nominations for numerous other accolades for her portrayal, including seven consecutive Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series, winning three times in 2001, 2002, and 2003, as well as receiving four Golden Globe Award nominations. From 2006 to 2007, Mullally hosted... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, USA, California
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useAbigail Pierrepont Johnson (born December 19, 1961) is an American billionaire businesswoman. Since 2014, Johnson has been president and chief executive officer of American investment firm Fidelity Investments (FMR), and chairman of its international sister company Fidelity International (FIL). Fidelity was founded by her grandfather Edward C. Johnson II. Her father Edward C. "Ned" Johnson III remains chairman emeritus of FMR. As of March 2013, the Johnson family owned a 49% stake in the company, with Johnson herself holding an estimated 24.5%.In November 2016, Johnson was named chairman and will remain CEO and president, giving her full control of Fidelity with 45,000 employees worldwide.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 58
- Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts