List of famous people who majored in biology, including photos when available. This list of famous biology majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people are at the top. This list includes popular actors, musicians, athletes and more that majored or minored in biology. You can find various bits of information below, such as what year the person was born and what their profession is. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in biology you can use the "search" bar to find a specific name.
List features Ryan Tannehill, Drew Pinsky and more.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were biology majors?" and "Which famous people studied biology?"
- Photo: Angela Weiss / Getty ImagesDavid Drew Pinsky (born September 4, 1958), commonly known as Dr. Drew, is an American celebrity doctor who is an internist, addiction medicine specialist, and media personality. He hosted the nationally syndicated radio talk show Loveline from the show's inception in 1984 until its end in 2016. On television, he hosted the talk show Dr. Drew On Call on HLN and the daytime series Lifechangers on The CW. In addition, he served as producer and starred in the VH1 show Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, and its spinoffs Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew, Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober House and podcasts on the Adam Carolla podcast network. Pinsky is a former medical director for the Department of Chemical... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: Pasadena, California, United States of America
- Catherine Ann Cora (born April 3, 1967) is an American professional chef best known for her featured role as an "Iron Chef" on the Food Network television show Iron Chef America and as co-host of Around the World in 80 Plates on Bravo.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 52
- Birthplace: Jackson, Mississippi, United States of America
- Millie Elizabeth Hughes-Fulford (born December 21, 1945) is an American medical investigator, molecular biologist and former NASA astronaut who flew aboard a NASA Space Shuttle mission as a Payload Specialist. ... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 74
- Birthplace: Mineral Wells, Texas
- Wangarĩ Muta Maathai (wàŋɡàˈɹɛ |m|ɑː|ˈ|t|aɪ; 1 April 1940 – 25 September 2011) was a renowned Kenyan social, environmental and political activist and the first African woman to win the Nobel Prize. She was educated in the United States at Mount St. Scholastica (Benedictine College) and the University of Pittsburgh, as well as the University of Nairobi in Kenya. In 1977, Maathai founded the Green Belt Movement, an environmental non-governmental organization focused on the planting of trees, environmental conservation, and women's rights. In 1984, she was awarded the Right Livelihood Award in 2004. Maathai was an elected member of Parliament and served as assistant minister for Environment... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 71 (1940-2011)
- Birthplace: Tetu, Kenya