Famous People who Majored in Chemistry
List of famous people who majored in chemistry, including photos when available. This list of famous chemistry majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people are at the top. This list includes popular actors, musicians, athletes and more that majored or minored in chemistry. You can find various bits of information below, such as what year the person was born and what their profession is. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in chemistry you can use the "search" bar to find a specific name.
People include everything from Kurt Vonnegut to Angela Merkel.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were chemistry majors?" and "Which famous people studied chemistry?"
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / CC-BY-SA-2.0Indra Nooyi (née Krishnamurthy; born 28 October 1955) is an Indian American business executive, serving on the board of directors of Amazon, the largest eCommerce business in the world by net revenue. She is best known for having served as the CEO of PepsiCo for 12 Years. She has consistently ranked among the world's 100 most powerful women. In 2014, she was ranked at number 13 on the Forbes list of The World's 100 Most Powerful Women, and was ranked the 2nd most powerful woman on the Fortune list in 2015.In February 2018, the International Cricket Council announced that Nooyi would join the ICC Board as its first independent female director in June.
- Age: 67
- Birthplace: Chennai, India
- Photo: Jean-Christian Bourcart/ Getty Images Entertainment / Getty ImagesKurt Vonnegut Jr. (; November 11, 1922 – April 11, 2007) was an American writer. In a career spanning over 50 years, Vonnegut published fourteen novels, three short story collections, five plays, and five works of non-fiction, with further collections being published after his death. He is most famous for his darkly satirical, best-selling novel Slaughterhouse-Five (1969). Born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana, Vonnegut attended Cornell University but dropped out in January 1943 and enlisted in the United States Army. As part of his training, he studied mechanical engineering at Carnegie Institute of Technology (now Carnegie Mellon University) and the University of Tennessee. He was then ...more
- Age: Dec. at 84 (1922-2007)
- Birthplace: Indianapolis, United States of America, United States, with Territories, Indiana
- Photo: NASA / Wiki CommonsFranklin Story Musgrave, M.D. (born August 19, 1935) is an American physician and a retired NASA astronaut. He is a public speaker and consultant to both Disney's Imagineering group and Applied Minds in California. In 1996 he became only the second astronaut to fly on six spaceflights, and he is the most formally educated astronaut with six academic degrees. Musgrave is the only astronaut to fly aboard all five Space Shuttles.
- Age: 87
- Birthplace: Boston, USA, Massachusetts
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / CC-BY-2.5Gordon Earle Moore (born January 3, 1929) is an American businessman, engineer, and the co-founder and chairman emeritus of Intel Corporation. He is also the author of Moore's law. As of April 2019, Moore's net worth is reported to be $10.4 billion.
- Age: 94
- Birthplace: USA, California, San Francisco
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainCatherine Grace "Cady" Coleman (born December 14, 1960) is an American chemist, a former United States Air Force officer, and a retired NASA astronaut. She is a veteran of two Space Shuttle missions, and departed the International Space Station on May 23, 2011, as a crew member of Expedition 27 after logging 159 days in space.
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: Charleston, South Carolina
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / CC-BY-2.5Helen Patricia Sharman, CMG, OBE, HonFRSC (born 30 May 1963) is a chemist who became the first British cosmonaut and the first woman to visit the Mir space station in May 1991.
- Age: 59
- Birthplace: Sheffield, United Kingdom