List of famous people who majored in communications, including photos when available. This list of famous communications majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people will be towards the top. The names of the colleges or universities that these prominent communications majors attended are displayed next to each person's name- you can also see other bits of information such as what year the person was born and what kind of degree they received. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in communications you can use the "filter" bar to search for a specific name.
The list you're viewing is made up of a variety of famous people, including comedians Jerry Seinfeld and Ellen DeGeneres. Some of these celebs even have degrees in communications. This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were communications majors?" and "What are the names of popular people who studied communications?"Some of these people might not necessarily be actors or athletes, but they're certainly all renowned in their own line of work. When people ask "what are you going to do with a communications major", you can now send them to this page of successful communications majors.
- Jerome Allen Seinfeld ( SYNE-feld; born April 29, 1954) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, writer, producer, and director. He is known for playing a semi-fictionalized version of himself in the sitcom Seinfeld, which he created and wrote with Larry David. The show aired on NBC from 1989 until 1998, becoming one of the most acclaimed and popular sitcoms of all time. As a stand-up comedian, Seinfeld specializes in observational comedy. In 2005, Comedy Central named Seinfeld the "12th Greatest Stand-up Comedian of All Time."Seinfeld produced, co-wrote and starred in the 2007 film Bee Movie. In 2010, he premiered a reality series called The Marriage Ref, which aired for two seasons on... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 66
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYEllen Lee DeGeneres ( də-JEN-ər-əs; born January 26, 1958) is an American comedian, television host, actress, writer, and producer. She starred in the popular sitcom Ellen from 1994 to 1998 and has hosted her syndicated TV talk show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, since 2003. Her stand-up career started in the early 1980s, and included a 1986 appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. As a film actress, DeGeneres starred in Mr. Wrong (1996), EDtv (1999), and The Love Letter (1999), and provided the voice of Dory in the Pixar animated films Finding Nemo (2003) and Finding Dory (2016); for Nemo, she was awarded the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress, the first time an actress won... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: Metairie, Louisiana, United States of America
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYChristopher Crosby Farley (February 15, 1964 – December 18, 1997) was an American actor and comedian. Farley was known for his loud, energetic comedic style, and was a member of Chicago's Second City Theatre and later a cast member of the NBC sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live between 1990 and 1995. He then went on to pursue a film career, starring in films such as Coneheads, Tommy Boy, Black Sheep and Beverly Hills Ninja. Farley died of a drug overdose at the age of 33.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 33 (1964-1997)
- Birthplace: Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
- Photo: Bryan Bedder / Getty ImagesJames Joseph Gandolfini Jr. (Italian: [ɡandolˈfiːni]; September 18, 1961 – June 19, 2013) was an American actor best known for his role as Tony Soprano, the Italian-American crime boss in HBO's television series The Sopranos. He won three Emmy Awards, three Screen Actors Guild Awards, and one Golden Globe Award. Gandolfini's performance as Tony Soprano is widely regarded as among the greatest performances in television history.His notable film roles include mob henchman Virgil in True Romance (1993), Lt. Bobby Dougherty in Crimson Tide (1995), Colonel Winter in The Last Castle (2001) and Mayor of New York in The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009). Other roles are enforcer and stuntman Bear in Get... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 52 (1961-2013)
- Birthplace: Westwood, New Jersey, United States of America