Famous People who Majored in Economics
List of famous people who majored in economics, including photos when available. This list of famous economics majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people will be towards the top. The names of the colleges or universities that these prominent economics majors attended are displayed next to each person's name- you can also see other bits of information such as what year the person was born and what kind of degree they received. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in economics you can use the "filter" bar to search for a specific name.
You can rank all of these people, from Ronald Reagan to Warren Buffett.
This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were economics majors?" and "What are the names of popular people who studied economics?"Share this list of respected economics majors by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page. Some of these people might not necessarily be actors or athletes, but they're certainly all renowned in their own line of work.
- Photo: Michael Evans / Wikimedia Commons / Public domainRonald Wilson Reagan (; February 6, 1911 – June 5, 2004) was an American politician who served as the 40th president of the United States from 1981 to 1989. Prior to his presidency, he was a Hollywood actor and union leader before serving as the 33rd governor of California from 1967 to 1975. Reagan was raised in a poor family in small towns of northern Illinois. He graduated from Eureka College in 1932 and worked as a sports commentator on several regional radio stations. After moving to California in 1937, he found work as an actor and starred in a few major productions. Reagan was twice elected President of the Screen Actors Guild—the labor union for actors—where he worked to root out ...more
- Age: Dec. at 93 (1911-2004)
- Birthplace: Tampico, Illinois, USA
- Photo: David Hume Kennerly / Wikimedia Commons / Public domainGerald Rudolph Ford Jr. (born Leslie Lynch King Jr.; July 14, 1913 – December 26, 2006) was an American politician who served as the 38th president of the United States from August 1974 to January 1977. Before his accession to the presidency, Ford served as the 40th vice president of the United States from December 1973 to August 1974. Ford is the only person to have served as both vice president and president without being elected to either office by the Electoral College. Born in Omaha, Nebraska, and raised in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Ford attended the University of Michigan and Yale Law School. After the attack on Pearl Harbor, he enlisted in the U.S. Naval Reserve, serving from 1942 to ...more
- Age: Dec. at 93 (1913-2006)
- Birthplace: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
- Photo: Kent Sievers / ShutterstockWarren Edward Buffett (born August 30, 1930) is an American business magnate, investor, speaker and philanthropist who serves as the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. He is considered one of the most successful investors in the world and has a net worth of US$82 billion as of July 18, 2019, making him the third-wealthiest person in the world.Buffett was born in Omaha, Nebraska. He developed an interest in business and investing in his youth, eventually entering the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1947 before transferring and graduating from the University of Nebraska at the age of 19. He went on to graduate from Columbia Business School, where he molded his ...more
- Age: 92
- Birthplace: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / CC-BYArianna Stassinopoulos Huffington (born July 15, 1950) is a Greek-American author, syndicated columnist, and businesswoman. She is the founder of The Huffington Post, the founder and CEO of Thrive Global, and the author of fifteen books. In May 2005, she launched The Huffington Post, a news and blog site. In August 2016, she launched Thrive Global, a corporate and consumer well-being and productivity platform. She has been named to Time Magazine's list of the world’s 100 most influential people and the Forbes Most Powerful Women list. Originally from Greece, she moved to England when she was 16 and graduated from Girton College, Cambridge, where she earned a B.A. in economics. At 21, she ...more
- Age: 72
- Birthplace: Athens, Greece
- Photo: Michael Loccisano / Getty ImagesIvana Marie "Ivanka" Trump (), also known as Yael Kushner (Hebrew: יָעֵל, lit. ibex; born October 30, 1981) is an American businesswoman, fashion designer, author, and reality television personality who is currently an advisor to the president of the United States. She is the daughter and second child of President Donald Trump and his first wife, Ivana. She is the first Jewish member of a first family, having converted before marrying her Jewish husband, Jared Kushner.She is a fourth generation businessperson who followed in the footsteps of her great-grandmother Elizabeth, grandfather Fred, and father, serving for a time as an executive vice president of the family-owned Trump ...more
- Age: 41
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / GramercyCatherine Elise Blanchett AC (born 14 May 1969) is an Australian actress and theatre director. One of the most acclaimed actresses of her generation, she is known for her wide range of roles across blockbusters, independent films and on the stage. She has received numerous accolades, including two Academy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, and three British Academy Film Awards. Blanchett's most commercially successful films include The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001–2003) and The Hobbit trilogy (2012–2014), Babel (2006), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008), Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008), the How to Train ...more
- Age: 54
- Birthplace: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia