List of famous people who majored in english literature, including photos when available. This list of famous english literature majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people are at the top. This list includes popular actors, musicians, athletes and more that majored or minored in english literature. You can find various bits of information below, such as what year the person was born and what their profession is. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in english literature you can use the "search" bar to find a specific name.
The list you're viewing has a variety of people in it, like Reese Witherspoon and Stephen Fry.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were english literature majors?" and "Which famous people studied english literature?"
- Photo: Denis Makarenko / ShutterstockLaura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon (born March 22, 1976) is an American actress, producer, and entrepreneur. The recipient of several accolades, including an Academy Award and a Primetime Emmy Award, she is among the highest-paid actresses in the world, as of 2019. Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2006 and 2015. Born in New Orleans, Louisiana, and raised in Nashville, Tennessee, Witherspoon began her career as a teenager, making her screen debut in The Man in the Moon (1991). She also starred opposite Mark Wahlberg in Fear (1996). Her breakthrough came in 1999 with a supporting role in Cruel Intentions and for her portrayal of Tracy Flick in the... more
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: USA, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Photo: Fredrick Brown / Getty ImagesMegan Mullally (born November 12, 1958) is an American actress, comedian and singer. She is best known for her starring role as Karen Walker on the NBC sitcom Will & Grace (1998–2006, 2017–present), for which she received eight Primetime Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, winning twice in 2000 and 2006. She also received nominations for numerous other accolades for her portrayal, including seven consecutive Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series, winning three times in 2001, 2002, and 2003, as well as receiving four Golden Globe Award nominations. From 2006 to 2007, Mullally hosted... more
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Photo: Matthew Eisman / Getty ImagesStephen John Fry (born 24 August 1957) is an English actor, comedian and writer. He and Hugh Laurie are the comic double act Fry and Laurie, who starred in A Bit of Fry & Laurie and Jeeves and Wooster. Fry's acting roles include a Golden Globe Award–nominated lead performance in the film Wilde, Melchett in the BBC television series Blackadder, the title character in the television series Kingdom, a recurring guest role as Dr Gordon Wyatt on the crime series Bones, and as Gordon Deitrich in the dystopian thriller V for Vendetta. He has also written and presented several documentary series, including the Emmy Award–winning Stephen Fry: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive, which saw him... more
- Age: 63
- Birthplace: Hampstead, London, United Kingdom
- Kristoffer Kristofferson (born June 22, 1936) is an American singer-songwriter and actor. Among his songwriting credits are the songs "Me and Bobby McGee", "For the Good Times", "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down", and "Help Me Make It Through the Night", all of which were hits for other artists. Kristofferson composed his own songs and collaborated with Nashville songwriters such as Shel Silverstein. In 1985, Kristofferson joined fellow country artists Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash in forming the country music supergroup The Highwaymen, and formed a key creative force in the Outlaw country music movement that eschewed the Nashville music machine in favor of independent... more
- Age: 84
- Birthplace: Texas, USA, Brownsville