List of famous people who majored in film, including photos when available. This list of famous film majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people are at the top. This list includes popular actors, musicians, athletes and more that majored or minored in film. You can find various bits of information below, such as what year the person was born and what their profession is. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in film you can use the "search" bar to find a specific name.
The list you're viewing is made up of different people like Angelina Jolie and James Franco.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were film majors?" and "Which famous people studied film?"
- Angelina Jolie (; née Voight, formerly Jolie Pitt, born June 4, 1975) is an American actress, filmmaker, and humanitarian. The recipient of such accolades as an Academy Award and three Golden Globe Awards, she has been named Hollywood's highest-paid actress multiple times. Jolie made her screen debut as a child alongside her father, Jon Voight, in Lookin' to Get Out (1982), and her film career began in earnest a decade later with the low-budget production Cyborg 2 (1993), followed by her first leading role in a major film, Hackers (1995). She starred in the critically acclaimed biographical cable films George Wallace (1997) and Gia (1998), and won an Academy Award for Best Supporting... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 40
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Photo: Anthony Harvey/Stringer / Getty Images EntertainmentMartin Charles Scorsese (, Italian: [skorˈseːze; -eːse]; born November 17, 1942) is an American-Italian filmmaker and historian, whose career spans more than 50 years. Scorsese's body of work addresses such themes as Italian-American identity (most notably Sicilian), Roman Catholic concepts of guilt and redemption, faith, machismo, modern crime, and gang conflict. Many of his films are also known for their depiction of violence and liberal use of profanity. Part of the New Hollywood wave of filmmaking, he is widely regarded as one of the most significant and influential filmmakers in cinematic history. In 1990, he founded The Film Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to film... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 77
- Birthplace: New York City, USA, New York
- Photo: Ian Gavan / Getty ImagesShelton Jackson "Spike" Lee (born March 20, 1957) is an American film director, producer, writer, and actor. His production company, 40 Acres and a Mule Filmworks, has produced over 35 films since 1983. He made his directorial debut with She's Gotta Have It (1986), and has since directed such films as Do the Right Thing (1989), Jungle Fever (1991), Malcolm X (1992), He Got Game (1998), The Original Kings of Comedy (2000), 25th Hour (2002), Inside Man (2006), Chi-Raq (2015), and BlacKkKlansman (2018). Lee also had starring roles in ten of his own films. Lee's films have examined race relations, colorism in the black community, the role of media in contemporary life, urban crime and poverty,... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 63
- Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Michael Benjamin Bay (born February 17, 1965) is an American filmmaker known for directing and producing big-budget, high-concept action films characterized by fast cutting, stylistic visuals and extensive use of special effects, including frequent depictions of explosions. The films he has produced and directed, which include Armageddon (1998), Pearl Harbor (2001) and the Transformers film series (2007–present), have grossed over US$7.8 billion worldwide, making him one of the most commercially successful directors in history.He is co-founder of commercial production house The Institute, a.k.a. The Institute for the Development of Enhanced Perceptual Awareness. He co-owns Platinum Dunes, a... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 55
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, Southern California, Contiguous United States, 90731