List of famous people who majored in finance, including photos when available. This list of famous finance majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people are at the top. This list includes popular actors, musicians, athletes and more that majored or minored in finance. You can find various bits of information below, such as what year the person was born and what their profession is. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in finance you can use the "search" bar to find a specific name.
This list below has a variety of people in it, from Morris Chestnut to Ricky Berens.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were finance majors?" and "Which famous people studied finance?"
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Philip Hampson "Phil" Knight, whose nickname is "Buck" (born February 24, 1938) is an American business magnate and philanthropist. A native of Oregon, he is the co-founder and current chairman emeritus of Nike, Inc., and previously served as chairman and CEO of the company. As of June 2019, Knight was ranked by Forbes as the 26th richest person in the world, with an estimated net worth of US$31.8 billion. He is also the owner of the stop motion film production company Laika. Knight is a graduate of the University of Oregon and Stanford Graduate School of Business. He ran track under coach Bill Bowerman at the University of Oregon, with whom he would co-found Nike. A noted philanthropist,... more
- Age: 82
- Birthplace: Portland, Oregon
- Mark Richard Shuttleworth (born 18 September 1973) is a South African and British entrepreneur who is the founder and CEO of Canonical Ltd., the company behind the development of the Linux-based Ubuntu operating system. In 2002, he became the first South African to travel to space as a space tourist. He lives on the Isle of Man and holds dual citizenship from South Africa and the United Kingdom.... more
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: Welkom, South Africa
- Morris Lamont Chestnut Jr. (born January 1, 1969) is an American actor. He first came to attention for his role in the 1991 film Boyz N The Hood. He has appeared in feature films and on television series, including the starring role of FBI Agent Will Keaton in the NBC TV series The Enemy Within.... more
- Age: 51
- Birthplace: Cerritos, California, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYJohn Alfred Paulson (born December 14, 1955) is an American investor, hedge fund manager and philanthropist. He leads Paulson & Co., a New York-based investment management firm he founded in 1994. He has been called "one of the most prominent names in high finance" and "a man who made one of the biggest fortunes in Wall Street history".His prominence and fortune were made in 2007 when he earned "almost $4 billion" personally and was transformed "from an obscure money manager into a financial legend" by using credit default swaps to effectively bet against the U.S. subprime mortgage lending market. In 2010, Paulson earned $4.9 billion. The Forbes real-time tracker estimated his net worth at... more
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: New York City, New York