List of famous people who majored in geology, including photos when available. This list of famous geology majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people are at the top. This list includes popular actors, musicians, athletes and more that majored or minored in geology. You can find various bits of information below, such as what year the person was born and what their profession is. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in geology you can use the "search" bar to find a specific name.
This is a list that includes people like Herbert Hoover and Colin Powell.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were geology majors?" and "Which famous people studied geology?"
- Colin Luther Powell (; born April 5, 1937) is an American politician and retired four-star general in the United States Army. During his military career, Powell also served as National Security Advisor (1987–1989), as Commander of the U.S. Army Forces Command (1989) and as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1989–1993), holding the latter position during the Persian Gulf War. Powell was the first, and so far the only, Jamaican American to serve on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He was the 65th United States Secretary of State, serving under U.S. President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2005, the first black person to serve in that position.Powell was born in New York City in 1937 and was raised... more
- Age: 83
- Birthplace: Harlem, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainHerbert Clark Hoover (August 10, 1874 – October 20, 1964) was an American engineer, businessman, and politician who served as the 31st president of the United States from 1929 to 1933. A member of the Republican Party, he held office during the onset of the Great Depression. Prior to serving as president, Hoover led the Commission for Relief in Belgium, served as the director of the U.S. Food Administration, and served as the 3rd U.S. Secretary of Commerce. Born to a Quaker family in West Branch, Iowa, Hoover took a position with a London-based mining company after graduating from Stanford University in 1895. After the outbreak of World War I, he became the head of the Commission for Relief... more
- Age: Dec. at 90 (1874-1964)
- Birthplace: West Branch, Iowa, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainHarrison Hagan "Jack" Schmitt (born July 3, 1935) is an American geologist, retired NASA astronaut, university professor, former U.S. senator from New Mexico, and, as a crew member of Apollo 17, the most recent living person to have walked on the Moon. In December 1972, as one of the crew on board Apollo 17, Schmitt became the first member of NASA's first scientist-astronaut group to fly in space. As Apollo 17 was the last of the Apollo missions, he also became the twelfth and second-youngest person to set foot on the Moon, and the second-to-last person to step off of the Moon (he boarded the Lunar Module shortly before commander Eugene Cernan). Schmitt also remains the only professional... more
- Age: 85
- Birthplace: Santa Rita, New Mexico, United States of America
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesCynthia Blum Carroll (born November 13, 1956) is a British businesswoman. She was the chief executive officer of Anglo American PLC, a British mining company, which, among other things, is the world's largest platinum producer.On October 24, 2006, Carroll was hired by Anglo American, and joined the board in January 2007, becoming chief executive at the beginning of March 2007. She chaired Anglo American’s Executive Committee and sat on the Safety and Sustainable Development Committee. She was one of only three female chief executives of FTSE 100 companies and the first non-South African to hold the post with Anglo American.In 2008 she was ranked by the magazine Forbes as the fifth most... more
- Age: 63
- Birthplace: New Jersey