List of famous people who majored in history, including photos when available. This list of famous history majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people will be towards the top. The names of the colleges or universities that these prominent history majors attended are displayed next to each person's name- you can also see other bits of information such as what year the person was born and what kind of degree they received. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in history you can use the "filter" bar to search for a specific name.
List of celebrities with degrees in history includes George Bush, Woodrow Wilson and more.
This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were history majors?" and "What are the names of popular people who studied history?"
Share this list of respected history majors by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page. Some of these people might not necessarily be actors or athletes, but they're certainly all renowned in their own line of work.
- George Walker Bush (born July 6, 1946) is an American politician and businessman who served as the 43rd president of the United States from 2001 to 2009. He had previously served as the 46th governor of Texas from 1995 to 2000. Bush is the eldest son of Barbara and George H. W. Bush, the 41st president of the United States, and is the second president to so follow in his father’s footsteps, the first being John Quincy Adams. After graduating from Yale University in 1968 and Harvard Business School in 1975, he worked in the oil industry. Bush married Laura Welch in 1977 and unsuccessfully ran for the U.S. House of Representatives shortly thereafter. He later co-owned the Texas Rangers ...more
- Age: 75
- Birthplace: New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
- Lawrence Gene David (born July 2, 1947) is an American comedian, writer, actor, director, and television producer. He and Jerry Seinfeld created the television series Seinfeld, of which David was the head writer and executive producer from Seasons 1-7. David gained further recognition for the HBO series Curb Your Enthusiasm, which he also created, in which he stars as a semi-fictionalized version of himself.David's work won him a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series in 1993. Formerly a stand-up comedian, David went into television comedy, writing and starring in ABC's Fridays, as well as writing briefly for Saturday Night Live. He has won two Primetime Emmy Awards, and was ...more
- Age: 74
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYSacha Noam Baron Cohen (born 13 October 1971) is an English actor, comedian, writer, and producer. He is known for his creation and portrayal of fictional satirical characters, including Ali G, Borat Sagdiyev, Brüno Gehard and Admiral General Aladeen. Baron Cohen adopts a variety of accents and guises for his characters. He interacts with unsuspecting subjects, who do not realise they have been set up for self-revealing ridicule. On these interactions, The Observer states, "his career has been built on winding people up, while keeping a deadpan face". Baron Cohen has been frequently described as a "prankster". Baron Cohen is most known for his comedic performances in films, such as Ali G ...more
- Age: 50
- Birthplace: Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYTony Danza (born April 21, 1951) is an American actor, comedian, singer, television personality, tap dancer, boxer and teacher who starred on the TV series Taxi and Who's the Boss?, for which he was nominated for an Emmy Award and four Golden Globe Awards. In 1998, Danza won the People's Choice Award for Favorite Male Performer in a New Television Series for his work on the 1997 sitcom The Tony Danza Show (not to be confused with his 2004–2006 daytime variety talk show of the same name). ...more
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America