List of famous people who majored in history, including photos when available. This list of famous history majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people will be towards the top. The names of the colleges or universities that these prominent history majors attended are displayed next to each person's name- you can also see other bits of information such as what year the person was born and what kind of degree they received. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in history you can use the "filter" bar to search for a specific name.
List of celebrities with degrees in history includes George Bush, Woodrow Wilson and more.
This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were history majors?" and "What are the names of popular people who studied history?"
Share this list of respected history majors by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page. Some of these people might not necessarily be actors or athletes, but they're certainly all renowned in their own line of work.
- Michael Denzil Xavier Portillo (born 26 May 1953) is a British journalist, broadcaster, and former Member of Parliament and Cabinet Minister of the Conservative Party. He was first elected to the House of Commons in a by-election in 1984. A strong admirer of Margaret Thatcher, and a Eurosceptic, Portillo served as a junior minister under both Thatcher and John Major, before entering the cabinet in 1992. A "darling of the right", he was seen as a likely challenger to Major during the 1995 Conservative leadership election, but stayed loyal. As Defence Secretary, he pressed for a purist Thatcherite course of "clear blue water", separating the policies of the Conservatives from those of the ...more
- Age: 68
- Birthplace: Bushey, United Kingdom
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainHelmut Josef Michael Kohl (German: [ˈhɛlmuːt ˈkoːl]; 3 April 1930 – 16 June 2017) was a German statesman who served as Chancellor of Germany from 1982 to 1998 (of West Germany 1982–1990 and of the reunited Germany 1990–1998) and as the chairman of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) from 1973 to 1998. From 1969 to 1976, Kohl was minister president of the state Rhineland-Palatinate. Kohl chaired the Group of Seven in 1985 and 1992. In 1998 he became honorary chairman of the CDU, resigning from the position in 2000. Born in 1930 in Ludwigshafen to a Roman Catholic family, Kohl joined the Christian Democratic Union in 1946 at the age of 16. He earned a PhD in history at Heidelberg University ...more
- Age: 91
- Birthplace: Ludwigshafen, Germany
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair use
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Springfield, MA Metropolitan Statistical Area, Massachusetts
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainDr David Fleming (2 January 1940 – 29 November 2010) was a writer on environmental issues, based in London. He was among the first to reveal the possibility of peak oil's approach and invented the influential TEQs scheme, designed to address this and climate change. He was also a significant figure in the development of the UK Green Party, the Transition Towns movement and the New Economics Foundation, as well as a Chairman of the Soil Association. Alongside these roles, his wide-ranging independent analysis culminated in two critically acclaimed books, Lean Logic and Surviving the Future (published posthumously in 2016). A film about his perspective and legacy - The Sequel: What Will ...more
- Age: Dec. at 70 (1940-2010)
- Birthplace: Chiddingfold, England