List of famous people who majored in mathematics, including photos when available. This list of famous mathematics majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people are at the top. This list includes popular actors, musicians, athletes and more that majored or minored in mathematics. You can find various bits of information below, such as what year the person was born and what their profession is. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in mathematics you can use the "search" bar to find a specific name.
List contains people like Albert Einstein and Felicia Day.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were mathematics majors?" and "Which famous people studied mathematics?"
- Wilmot Reed Hastings Jr. (born October 8, 1960) is an American entrepreneur and philanthropist. He is the co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Netflix and serves on the boards of Facebook and a number of non-profit organizations. A former member of the California State Board of Education, Hastings is an advocate for education reform through charter schools.... more
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts
- Sergey Mikhaylovich Brin (Russian: Серге́й Миха́йлович Брин; born August 21, 1973) is an American computer scientist and Internet entrepreneur. Together with Larry Page, he co-founded Google. Brin is the president of Google's parent company Alphabet Inc. As of June 2019, Brin is the 13th-richest person in the world, with an estimated net worth of US$50.1 billion.Brin immigrated to the United States with his family from the Soviet Union at the age of 6. He earned his bachelor's degree at the University of Maryland, College Park, following in his father's and grandfather's footsteps by studying mathematics, as well as computer science. After graduation, he enrolled in Stanford University to... more
- Age: 48
- Birthplace: Moscow, Russia
- Harvey Bernard Milk (May 22, 1930 – November 27, 1978) was an American politician and the first openly gay elected official in the history of California, where he was elected to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. Although he was the most pro-LGBT politician in the United States at the time, politics and activism were not his early interests; he was neither open about his sexuality nor civically active until he was 40, after his experiences in the counterculture movement of the 1960s. In 1972, Milk moved from New York City to the Castro District of San Francisco amid a migration of gay and bisexual men. He took advantage of the growing political and economic power of the neighborhood to... more
- Age: Dec. at 48 (1930-1978)
- Birthplace: Woodmere, New York, United States of America
- Danica Mae McKellar (born January 3, 1975) is an American actress, mathematics writer, and education advocate. She played Winnie Cooper in the television series The Wonder Years. From 2010–2013 and since 2019, McKellar voiced Miss Martian in the animated superhero series Young Justice. In 2015, McKellar was cast in the Netflix original series Project Mc2. She also appears in several television films for Hallmark Channel. She is also the current voice of Judy Jetson from The Jetsons since 2017 following Janet Waldo's death in 2016. In addition to her acting work, McKellar later wrote six non-fiction books, all dealing with mathematics (as she has a bachelor's degree in mathematics from... more
- Age: 46
- Birthplace: La Jolla, California, USA