List of famous people who majored in political science, including photos when available. This list of famous political science majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people are at the top. This list includes popular actors, musicians, athletes and more that majored or minored in political science. You can find various bits of information below, such as what year the person was born and what their profession is. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in political science you can use the "search" bar to find a specific name.
List contains people like Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were political science majors?" and "Which famous people studied political science?"
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainBarack Hussein Obama born August 4, 1961is an American attorney and politician who served as the 44th president of the United States from 2009 to 2017. A member of the Democratic Party, he was the first African American to be elected to the presidency. He previously served as a U.S. senator from Illinois from 2005 to 2008 and an Illinois state senator from 1997 to 2004. Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. After graduating from Columbia University in 1983, he worked as a community organizer in Chicago. In 1988, he enrolled in Harvard Law School, where he was the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. After graduating, he became a civil rights attorney and an academic, teaching... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 59
- Birthplace: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainRichard Bruce Cheney (; born January 30, 1941) is an American politician and businessman who served as the 46th vice president of the United States from 2001 to 2009. He has been cited as the most powerful vice president in American history. He was also one of the most unpopular politicians in the history of the US, holding an approval rating of just 13% at the time of leaving office.Cheney was born in Lincoln, Nebraska, and grew up in Casper, Wyoming. He attended Yale and then the University of Wyoming, at the latter of which he earned a BA and an MA in Political Science. He began his political career as an intern for Congressman William A. Steiger, eventually working his way into the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 79
- Birthplace: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
- Photo: Alexander Tamargo/Contributor / Getty Images EntertainmentHillary Diane Rodham Clinton (born Hillary Diane Rodham, October 26, 1947) is an American politician, diplomat, lawyer, writer and public speaker. She was First Lady of the United States from 1993 to 2001, a United States senator from New York from 2001 to 2009 and the 67th United States secretary of state from 2009 until 2013. Clinton became the first woman to be nominated for President of the United States by a major political party when she won the Democratic Party nomination in 2016. Raised in the Chicago suburb of Park Ridge, Clinton graduated from Wellesley College in 1969 and earned a Juris Doctor from Yale Law School in 1973. After serving as a congressional legal counsel, she moved... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 72
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Nancy Patricia Pelosi (born March 26, 1940) is an American politician and a member of the Democratic Party. She has served as speaker of the United States House of Representatives since January 2019, is the only woman to have held that office, and is the highest-ranking elected woman in United States history. As speaker of the House, she is second in the presidential line of succession, immediately after the vice president.First elected to Congress in 1987, Pelosi is currently in her 17th term as a congresswoman, representing California's 12th congressional district (since 2013), which consists of four-fifths of the city and county of San Francisco. She initially represented the 5th... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 80
- Birthplace: Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America