List of famous people who majored in public administration, including photos when available. This list of famous public administration majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people are at the top. This list includes popular actors, musicians, athletes and more that majored or minored in public administration. You can find various bits of information below, such as what year the person was born and what their profession is. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in public administration you can use the "search" bar to find a specific name.
List people include Tommy Franks, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and more.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were public administration majors?" and "Which famous people studied public administration?"
Ellen Johnson SirleafPhoto: Aktiv I Oslo.no / FlickrEllen Johnson Sirleaf (born 29 October 1938) is a Liberian politician who served as the 24th President of Liberia from 2006 to 2018. Sirleaf was the first elected female head of state in Africa. Ellen Eugenia Johnson was born in Monrovia to a Gola father and Kru-German mother. She was educated at the College of West Africa. She completed her education in the United States, where she studied at Madison Business College and Harvard University. She returned to Liberia to work in William Tolbert's government as Deputy Minister of Finance from 1971 to 1974. Later she worked again in the West, for the World Bank in the Caribbean and Latin America. Sirleaf returned to Liberia, where she was... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 81
- Birthplace: Monrovia, Liberia
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainTommy Ray Franks (born June 17, 1945) is a retired general in the United States Army. His last Army post was as the Commander of the U.S. Central Command, overseeing U.S. military operations in a 25-country region, including the Middle East. Franks succeeded General Anthony Zinni to this position on July 6, 2000 and served until his retirement on July 7, 2003. Franks was the U.S. general leading the attack on the Taliban in Afghanistan in response to the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon in 2001. He also oversaw the 2003 invasion of Iraq and the overthrow of Saddam Hussein.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 75
- Birthplace: Wynnewood, Oklahoma
- Chesley Burnett "Sully" Sullenberger III (born January 23, 1951) is an American retired airline captain who, on January 15, 2009, landed US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River off Manhattan after both engines were disabled by a bird strike; all 155 people aboard survived. Sullenberger is a speaker on airline safety and has helped develop new protocols for airline safety. He served as the co-chairman, along with First officer Jeffrey Skiles, of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)'s Young Eagles youth introduction-to-aviation program from 2009 to 2013.Sullenberger retired from US Airways after 30 years as a commercial pilot on March 3, 2010. In May of the following year,... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 69
- Birthplace: Denison, Texas
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair use
- Age: 48
- Birthplace: Narathiwat Province, Thailand