List of famous people who majored in social work, including photos when available. This list of famous social work majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people will be towards the top. The names of the colleges or universities that these prominent social work majors attended are displayed next to each person's name- you can also see other bits of information such as what year the person was born and what kind of degree they received. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in social work you can use the "filter" bar to search for a specific name.
Everyone from Jamie Lee Curtis to Martin Short is included on this list.
This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were social work majors?" and "What are the names of popular people who studied social work?"Share this list of respected social work majors by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page. Some of these people might not necessarily be actors or athletes, but they're certainly all renowned in their own line of work.
- Jamie Lee Haden-Guest, Baroness Haden-Guest (née Curtis; born November 22, 1958) is an American actress, author, and activist. She made her film debut in 1978 as Laurie Strode in John Carpenter's horror film Halloween. The film established her as a "scream queen", and she appeared in a string of horror films in 1980, including The Fog, Prom Night, and Terror Train. She reprised the role of Laurie Strode in four sequels, including Halloween II (1981), Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998), Halloween: Resurrection (2002), and Halloween (2018). Curtis' film work spans many genres, including the cult comedies Trading Places (1983), for which she received a BAFTA for Best Supporting Actress, and... more
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Santa Monica, California, United States of America
- Martin Hayter Short (born March 26, 1950) is a Canadian-American comedian, actor, voice artist, singer and writer. He is known for his work on the television programs SCTV and Saturday Night Live. He has starred in comedy films, such as Three Amigos (1986), Innerspace (1987), Three Fugitives (1989), Father of the Bride (1991), Pure Luck (1991), Captain Ron (1992), Father of the Bride Part II (1995), Mars Attacks! (1996), Jungle 2 Jungle (1997), and The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause (2006), and created the characters Jiminy Glick and Ed Grimley. In 1999, he won a Tony Award for his lead performance in a Broadway revival of Little Me.... more
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: Hamilton, Canada
- Photo: Richard Sandoval / via Wikimedia CommonAlana de la Garza (born June 18, 1976) is an American actress. She is best known for her roles as Connie Rubirosa on the NBC television series Law & Order, Law & Order: LA, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and as Marisol Delko-Caine on CSI: Miami. In 2014 and 2015, she starred as Detective Jo Martinez in the ABC series Forever. From 2016 to 2017, she starred in Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders as Special Agent Clara Seger.... more
- Age: 44
- Birthplace: Columbus, Ohio, USA
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useAmy Bloom (born 1953) is an American writer and psychotherapist. She has been nominated for the National Book Award and the National Book Critics Circle Award. ... more
- Age: 67
- Birthplace: New York City, New York