List of famous people who majored in sociology, including photos when available. This list of famous sociology majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people are at the top. This list includes popular actors, musicians, athletes and more that majored or minored in sociology. You can find various bits of information below, such as what year the person was born and what their profession is. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in sociology you can use the "search" bar to find a specific name.
List features Nina Dobrev, Ronald Reagan and more people.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were sociology majors?" and "Which famous people studied sociology?"
- Ronald Wilson Reagan (; February 6, 1911 – June 5, 2004) was an American politician who served as the 40th president of the United States from 1981 to 1989. Prior to his presidency, he was a Hollywood actor and union leader before serving as the 33rd governor of California from 1967 to 1975. Reagan was raised in a poor family in small towns of northern Illinois. He graduated from Eureka College in 1932 and worked as a sports commentator on several regional radio stations. After moving to California in 1937, he found work as an actor and starred in a few major productions. Reagan was twice elected President of the Screen Actors Guild—the labor union for actors—where he worked to root out... more
- Age: Dec. at 93 (1911-2004)
- Birthplace: Tampico, Illinois, USA
- Photo: Alberto E. Rodriguez / Getty ImagesDaniel Edward Aykroyd, ( AK-royd; born July 1, 1952) is a Canadian-American actor, comedian, musician and filmmaker who was an original member of the "Not Ready for Prime Time Players" on Saturday Night Live (1975–1979). A musical sketch he performed with John Belushi on SNL, the Blues Brothers, turned into an actual performing band and then the 1980 film The Blues Brothers. He conceived and starred in Ghostbusters (1984), which spawned a sequel and eventually an entire media franchise. In 1990, he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his work in the 1989 film Driving Miss Daisy. He starred in his own sitcom, Soul Man (1997–1998). Aykroyd is also a businessman,... more
- Age: 68
- Birthplace: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Cory Anthony Booker (born April 27, 1969) is an American politician serving as the junior United States Senator from New Jersey since 2013 and a member of the Democratic Party. The first African-American U.S. Senator from New Jersey, he was previously the 36th Mayor of Newark from 2006 to 2013. Before that, Booker served on the Municipal Council of Newark for the Central Ward from 1998 to 2002. On February 1, 2019, he announced his campaign to run for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in the 2020 United States presidential election. Booker was born in Washington, D.C., and raised in Harrington Park, New Jersey. He attended Stanford University, where he received a... more
- Age: 51
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C., United States of America
- Photo: PlumeMichael Alan Weiner (born March 31, 1942), better known by his professional name Michael Savage, is an American radio host, author, activist, nutritionist, and conservative political commentator. He is the host of The Savage Nation, a nationally syndicated talk show that aired on Talk Radio Network across the United States until 2012, and in 2009 was the second most listened-to radio talk show in the country with an audience of over 20 million listeners on 400 stations across the United States. Since October 23, 2012, Michael Savage has been syndicated by Cumulus Media Networks. He holds master's degrees from the University of Hawaii in medical botany and medical anthropology, and a Ph.D.... more
- Age: 78
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America