List of famous people who majored in sociology, including photos when available. This list of famous sociology majors is ordered loosely by relevance, meaning the most well-known people are at the top. This list includes popular actors, musicians, athletes and more that majored or minored in sociology. You can find various bits of information below, such as what year the person was born and what their profession is. If you're looking for a particular celebrity who majored in sociology you can use the "search" bar to find a specific name.
List features Nina Dobrev, Ronald Reagan and more people.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities were sociology majors?" and "Which famous people studied sociology?"
- Nikolina Konstantinova Dobreva (born January 9, 1989), known professionally as Nina Dobrev (), is a Canadian actress. Her first acting role was as Mia Jones in the drama series Degrassi: The Next Generation. She later became known for portraying Elena Gilbert and Katherine Pierce on The CW's supernatural drama series The Vampire Diaries. Dobrev has also appeared in several feature films, including the 2012 coming-of-age drama The Perks of Being a Wallflower, the 2014 action comedy Let's Be Cops, the 2015 horror comedy The Final Girls, the 2017 action thriller XXX: Return of Xander Cage, and the 2017 science-fiction drama Flatliners. She was born in Bulgaria but immigrated with her family to... more
- Age: 32
- Birthplace: Sofia, Bulgaria
- Gene Baur (born July 24, 1962), formerly known as Gene Bauston, is an author and activist in the animal rights and food movement. He’s been called the "conscience of the food movement" by Time Magazine, and opposes factory farming and advocates for what he believes would be a more just and respectful food system. Baur is president and co-founder of Farm Sanctuary, a farm animal protection organization. He is vegan and has been involved with animal rights since he co-founded Farm Sanctuary in 1986. Baur has authored two books and various articles.... more
- Photo: Jim Spellman / Getty ImagesRegis Francis Xavier Philbin (August 25, 1931 – July 24, 2020) was an American media personality, actor, and singer, known for hosting talk and game shows since the 1960s. Philbin holds the Guinness World Record for the most time spent in front of a television camera. Philbin was most widely known as the host of the New York City-based nationally syndicated talk show Live! with Regis and Kathie Lee starting in 1988, which became Live! with Regis and Kelly starting in 2001, until his departure in 2011. He also debuted and hosted Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Million Dollar Password, and the first season of America's Got Talent. In addition to numerous hosting jobs, Philbin was a trained... more
- Age: Dec. at 88 (1931-2020)
- Birthplace: New York, New York, USA
- 12Kalpen Suresh Modi (born April 23, 1977), known professionally as Kal Penn, is an American actor, comedian, producer, and former civil servant. As an actor, he is known for his role portraying Lawrence Kutner on the television program House, as well as the character Kumar Patel in the Harold & Kumar film series. He is also recognized for his performance in the film The Namesake. Penn has taught at the University of Pennsylvania in the Cinema Studies Program as a visiting lecturer. In April 2009, Penn joined the Obama administration as an Associate Director in the White House Office of Public Engagement. This necessitated that his TV character, Lawrence Kutner, be written out of House. Penn... more
- Age: 44
- Birthplace: Montclair, New Jersey, USA