This list of famous people who married their high school sweethearts is loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Celebrities are not exactly known for long-lasting relationships, but this list is about to add some nuance to that stereotype. This compilation of couples ranges from athletes, to politicians, to actors, to musicians, who started dating when they were teenagers.
Nothing is cuter than celebrities marrying their high school sweethearts (well, not many things, anyway). For proof, look at any photo of Academy Award-winning director Ron Howard and his wife of 40 years, Cheryl Alley. If that's not adorable enough for you, then check out Emmy Award-winning actor Jeff Daniels's romantic history (hint: it consists of one woman he probably met in 6th period homeroom). Rapper Snoop Dogg might talk a lot of talk about hooking up with randos, but the truth is, he put a ring on the finger of a girl he met back when he was Calvin Broadus at Polytechnic High School in Long Beach.
Check out the list below for other adorable famous Hollywood couples. These celebrities saw something they liked way back when, and even fame couldn't tear them apart (well... for the most part anyway).
- Robin Thicke first met Paula Patton at an under-21 club in Los Angeles. He was 14 at the time and she was 16. Two years later they began dating. The couple married in 2005, but they separated in 2014. Their son Julian Fuego Thicke was born in 2010.
- Age: 44
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, USA, California
- Bono, born Paul David Hewson, first met his future wife Ali Stewart when they were both attending Mount Temple Comprehensive School in Dublin, Ireland. The couple married on August 21, 1982 when Bono was 22 and Stewart was 21. They have four children together.
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- Snoop Dogg, born Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr., met his future wife Shante Taylor when he was attending Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, California. The couple married in 1997, but the split in 2004. They decided to give it another go and renewed their vows in 2008. They have three children together.
- Age: 48
- Birthplace: Long Beach, California, United States of America
- Mitt Romney first met his future wife Ann Davies when he was attending Cranbrook School and she was attending Kingswood School. They were engaged around the time of Romney's graduation in 1965. The couple got married in 1969 when Mitt was 22 and Ann was 18. They have five children together and 18 grandchildren.
- Age: 73
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, United States of America