This list of famous people who married their high school sweethearts is loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Celebrities are not exactly known for long-lasting relationships, but this list is about to add some nuance to that stereotype. This compilation of couples ranges from athletes, to politicians, to actors, to musicians, who started dating when they were teenagers.
Nothing is cuter than celebrities marrying their high school sweethearts (well, not many things, anyway). For proof, look at any photo of Academy Award-winning director Ron Howard and his wife of 40 years, Cheryl Alley. If that's not adorable enough for you, then check out Emmy Award-winning actor Jeff Daniels's romantic history (hint: it consists of one woman he probably met in 6th period homeroom). Rapper Snoop Dogg might talk a lot of talk about hooking up with randos, but the truth is, he put a ring on the finger of a girl he met back when he was Calvin Broadus at Polytechnic High School in Long Beach.
Check out the list below for other adorable famous Hollywood couples. These celebrities saw something they liked way back when, and even fame couldn't tear them apart (well... for the most part anyway).
- Eminem (Marshall Mathers) and Kim Scott met in high school at ages 15 and 13. Kim and her twin sister, Dawn, lived with the future rapper and his mother for a while as teenagers. The couple began dating, and their daughter, Hailie, was born in 1995. They married in 1999, divorced in 2001, remarried each other in 2006, and filed for a second divorce four months later.
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: Saint Joseph, Buchanan County, United States of America, United States, with Territories
- Sarah Palin, born Sarah Heath, met her future husband Todd when they were both attending Wasilla High School in the early-1980s. They eloped in 1988 and now have five children and two grandchildren.
- Age: 56
- Birthplace: Sandpoint, Idaho, United States of America
- LeBron James met his future wife Savannah Brinson when they were both attending St. Vincent–St. Mary High School in Akron, Ohio. After many years of dating, the couple got married in 2013. They have two children together.
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: Akron, Ohio, United States of America
- Ron Howard met his future wife Cheryl Alley when they were attending John Burroughs High School in Burbank, California. The couple married in 1975 which Ron was 21 and Cheryl was 22. They have four children together, including Bryce Dallas Howard who appeared in "The Help."
- Age: 66
- Birthplace: Duncan, Oklahoma, United States of America