This list of famous people who went to law school is loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Several famous actors, musicians, and athletes have attended law school. Some of these celebrities studied law before they were famous while others waited until they retired to focus on higher education. Several former child stars went on to become successful lawyers.
Who is the most famous person who studied law? Nelson Mandela tops this list. The former President of South America attended law school at the University of Witwatersrand.
Many child actors went on to study law. "The Wonder Years" cast member Josh Saviano received his law degree from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York. The Goonies actor Jeff Cohen received his law degree from UCLA School of Law in 2000. He now works as an entertainment lawyer.Are you surprised that so many celebrities have studied law? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Nelson Mandela went to law school at the University of Witwatersrand.
- Born: 1918-07-18
- Age: Dec. at 95 (1918-2013)
- Birthplace: Mvezo, South Africa
- Gerard Butler studied law at Glasgow University and briefly worked as a trainee lawyer in Edinburgh.
- Born: 1969-11-13
- Age: 51
- Birthplace: Paisley, United Kingdom
- Mahatma Gandhi studied law at the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple.
- Born: 1869-10-02
- Age: Dec. at 78 (1869-1948)
- Birthplace: Porbandar, India
- Talk show host Jerry Springer received his law degree from Northwestern University in 1968.
- Born: 1944-02-13
- Age: 77
- Birthplace: London, England, UK