A list of famous people who were real-life scouts. This crowdranked list includes celebrities, politicians and other notable personalities who, at a young age, joined the scouts. We also have female celebrities who were girl scouts. Honor, courage, leadership, loyalty and cheerfulness are just some of the values taught by organizations like the Boy Scouts of America, which has been around since 1910. The traditions and values of Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, and Eagle Scouts have been handed down to generations of young men all over the world. A lot of the famous boy scouts on the list below can trace their success to lessons learned from their scouting days. Celebs who were once Boy Scouts include Mike Rowe, Neil Armstrong, and Michael Jordan.Included in the gallery are past and present world leaders, leading entrepreneurs, Hollywood leading men, award-winning directors, world class athletes and even rock and roll royalty. The list does not include fictional scouts or stars who have only dressed up in a scout uniform. The following men were scouts in their youth and many were eagle scouts in their teenage years. The mission of groups like the Boy Scouts of America and the British Boy Scouts is to foster moral strength, promote citizenship and raise boys to grow up into physically and mentally fit men. They earn merit badges upon completing lessons about crafts, sports, environmental care and other practical tips like tying knots. Most recently, the Boy Scouts lifted its ban on gays and are now allowing every young man no matter his sexual orientation to join.
Upvote your favorite celebrity who was has taken the Scout's Oath and see how others voted in the list.
- (1958-1965), member of the national advisory board of the Boy Scouts of America (1989-2001)Steven Allan Spielberg (; born December 18, 1946) is an American filmmaker. He is considered one of the founding pioneers of the New Hollywood era and one of the most popular directors and producers in film history. Spielberg started in Hollywood directing television and several minor theatrical releases. He became a household name as the director of Jaws (1975), which was critically and commercially successful and is considered the first summer blockbuster. His subsequent releases focused typically on science fiction/adventure films such as Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982), and Jurassic Park (1993), which became ...more
- Age: 74
- Birthplace: Cincinnati, OH
- Photo: Everett Collection / ShutterstockMichael Jeffrey Jordan (born February 17, 1963), also known by his initials MJ, is an American former professional basketball player and the principal owner of the Charlotte Hornets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played 15 seasons in the NBA, winning six championships with the Chicago Bulls. His biography on the official NBA website states: "By acclamation, Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time." He was one of the most effectively marketed athletes of his generation and was considered instrumental in popularizing the NBA around the world in the 1980s and 1990s.Jordan played three seasons for coach Dean Smith with the North Carolina Tar Heels. As a ...more
- Age: 58
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, NY
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainNeil Alden Armstrong (August 5, 1930 – August 25, 2012) was an American astronaut and aeronautical engineer who was the first person to walk on the Moon. He was also a naval aviator, test pilot, and university professor. A graduate of Purdue University, Armstrong studied aeronautical engineering; his college tuition was paid for by the U.S. Navy under the Holloway Plan. He became a midshipman in 1949 and a naval aviator the following year. He saw action in the Korean War, flying the Grumman F9F Panther from the aircraft carrier USS Essex. In September 1951, while making a low bombing run, Armstrong's aircraft was damaged when it collided with an anti-aircraft cable which cut off a large ...more
- Age: Dec. at 82 (1930-2012)
- Birthplace: Wapakoneta,OH
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainJames William Buffett (born December 25, 1946) is an American singer, songwriter, musician, author, actor, and businessman. He is best known for his music, which often portrays an "island escapism" lifestyle. Together with his Coral Reefer Band, Buffett has recorded hit songs including "Margaritaville" (ranked 234th on the Recording Industry Association of America's list of "Songs of the Century") and "Come Monday". He has a devoted base of fans known as "Parrotheads". Aside from his career in music, Buffett is also a best-selling writer and is involved in two restaurant chains named after two of his best-known songs; he owns the Margaritaville Cafe restaurant chain and co-developed the ...more
- Age: 74
- Birthplace: Pascagoula, MI