This is a list of famous people with ADHD - a psychiatric disorder with symptoms that include trouble paying attention, acting impulsively and hyperactivity. Already, celebrities like Robin Williams come to mind with the brilliantly high energy performance as Professor Brainard in Flubber. The causes of ADHD are mostly unknown, although research attributes genetics, diet and environment to be linked to it. Treatment includes counseling, medications and lifestyle changes - which may be easier said than done for some of these celebrities with ADHD.
Who is the most famous person with ADHD? Paris Hilton is one of the more well known and surprising celebrities on our list to have ADHD. Hilton was diagnosed at age 12 and now takes medication to treat the disorder. Other surprising celebrities that have been diagnosed with ADHD include Adam Levine, Zooey Deschanel and Emma Watson.
Conservative talk show host Glen Beck has ADHD and attributes much of his success to the disorder. Beck struggles with taking medication, but says that his staff prefers when he follows the doctor's orders and takes it. In an interview with Extreme Makeovers'' Ty Pennington, he discussed the positive and negatives that come with the disorder.Do you think that ADHD holds people back or could it be the secret to their success? Would Jim Carey be the same without his enthusiasm? Would you ever have guessed that our favourite Lord of the Rings elf, Liv Tyler was a sufferer of ADHD? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: Paolo Bona / ShutterstockBill Gates suffered from ADHD, but he has triumphed over the disorder to become one of the most successful businessmen on the planet.
- Age: 65
- Birthplace: Seattle, Washington, USA
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseEva Longoria, best known for her work on "Desperate Housewives," has ADHD.
- Age: 46
- Birthplace: Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
- Alternative Name: Eva Longoria Parker, Eva Longoria, Eva Longoria Christopher
- Photo: Tinseltown / ShutterstockAnyone who has ever seen Robin Williams in an interview can tell you that the "Good Will Hunting" Oscar winner suffers from the disorder.
- Age: Dec. at 63 (1951-2014)
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Photo: flickr / CC0Joan Rivers has had several thriving careers despite having ADHD. Rivers has had great success in stand-up, with her jewelry line and as a talk show host.
- Age: Dec. at 81 (1933-2014)
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York, USA