List of Famous People with Arthritis ranked by fame and popularity. Arthritis effects the joints and is a primary cause of disability among people over 55. In short, arthritis is caused because something goes wrong with an individual's joints. The two main kinds of arthritis are Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis. Physical therapy can help people with arthritis keep their maximum mobility.
Who is the most famous person with arthritis? Golf Legend Tiger Woods tops our list. Woods developed arthritis after having knee surgery for a torn ACL. Arthritis of the knee is a common ailment amongst golfers. Besides Woods, Phil Mickelson, Nancy Lopez and Kristy McPherson all have types of arthritis.
Actress Aida Turturro was diagnosed with arthritis at the age of 12. Turturro, who is best known for playing Tony Soprano's sister Janice, speaks out frequently about her experience with arthritis. Other actresses with arthritis include Kathleen Turner, Lucille Ball and “Scream” star Neve Campbell. Basketball superstars and former teammates Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant both suffer from painful arthritis, as do Olympians Bruce Jenner and Wayne Gretzky.What do you think is the best method for treating the painful symptoms of arthritis? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: s_bukley / Shutterstock
Kobe Bryant had severe arthritis in his right index finger.
- Age: Dec. at 41 (1978-2020)
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Photo: Debby Wong / Shutterstock
Tiger Woods developed arthritis after having ACL surgery on his knee.
- Age: 44
- Birthplace: Cypress, California, United States of America
- Photo: Helga Esteb / ShutterstockShaquille O'Neal suffers from oesteoarthritis.
- Age: 48
- Birthplace: Newark, New Jersey, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseLucille Ball had rheumatoiad arthritis.
- Age: Dec. at 78 (1911-1989)
- Birthplace: Jamestown, New York, United States of America