32 Famous People with Hepatitis C
List of famous people with Hepatitis C ranked by fame and popularity. Hepatitis C is an infectious disease that affects an individual's liver. The disease can lead to cirrhosis, which can develop into liver failure or liver cancer. Hepatitis C is spread by blood-to-blood contact, and there is currently no vaccine against the disease. Hepatitis C can be treated, and in rare cases, the infection can clear without undergoing any treatment.
Who is the most famous person with Hepatitis C? Pamela Anderson tops our list. The “Baywatch” beauty claims that she contracted the disease after sharing a tattoo needle with her ex-husband, Tommy Lee. Lee denies that he has Hepatitis C. “American Pie” actress Natasha Lyonne was diagnosed with Hepatitis C and a collapsed lung. Lyonne has struggled with addiction, but she is now back to work on “Orange is the New Black.”
Several famous musicians have also been diagnosed with Hepatitis C. Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richard's had the disease, but claims that he cured himself. Grateful Dead co-founder Phil Lesh underwent a liver transplant to treat his Hepatitis C, as did David Crosby. Red Hot Chili Peppers' frontman Anthony Keidis contracted the Hep C because of his substance use.
What do you think of all the famous people who have Hepatitis C?
- Photo: Greg2600 / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0
Pamela AndersonPamela Anderson claims that she contracted Hepatitis C after sharing a tattoo needle with her ex-husband Tommy Lee. Lee denies that he has the disease.
- Age: 55
- Birthplace: Ladysmith, Canada
- Photo: flickr / CC0In 2003, Steven Tyler was diagnosed with Hepatitis C. He underwent 11 months of treatment.
- Age: 75
- Birthplace: Yonkers, New York, USA
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYRolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards had Hepatitis C, but he says that he cured it "just by being me."
- Age: 79
- Birthplace: Dartford, United Kingdom
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseNaomi Judd has Hepatitis C, and her foundation has raised millions of dollars for the American Liver Foundation.
- Age: Dec. at 76 (1946-2022)
- Birthplace: USA, Kentucky, Ashland
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License"Andy Griffith Show" star Jim Nabors received a liver transplant after contracting Hepatitis C.
- Age: Dec. at 87 (1930-2017)
- Birthplace: Sylacauga, Alabama, USA
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
Red Hot Chili Peppers' frontman Anthony Kiedis contracted Hepatitis C from his substance use.
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: Michigan, USA, Grand Rapids