List of Famous People with Lisps, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. A lisp is a speech impediment that effects the way an individual says words that contain the letters s,z,f,t and d. Most lisps are caused by incorrect tongue placement when speaking. Overbites and underbites can also cause an individual (and celebrities) to have a lisp. Lisps can be treated with speech therapy.
Who is the most famous person with a lisp? Actress Drew Barrymore tops our list. The “Big Miracle” actress has made her lisp into a charming character trait. Barrymore's way of speaking has made it easy for comedians to impersonate her as demonstrated to near perfection by “Saturday Night Live's” Kristen Wiig. Barbara Walters is another woman who is famous for her lisp.
Boxer Mike Tyson speaks in a high voice and has a lisp. His unique way of talking led him to get in fights as a child as Tyson who beat up anyone brave enough to make fum of him. By the age of 13, Tyson had already been arrest 38 times. Actors Sean Connery and Humphrey Bogart have a very unique way of pronouncing their “S's” leading them both to have a slight lisp.Do you think that these famous people have used their lisps to their advantage? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Drew Blythe Barrymore (born February 22, 1975) is an American actress, producer, director, author, model and entrepreneur. She is a member of the Barrymore family of actors, and the granddaughter of John Barrymore. She achieved fame as a child actress with her role in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982). She is the recipient of numerous accolades, including a Golden Globe, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and a BAFTA nomination. Following a highly publicized childhood marked by drug and alcohol abuse, Barrymore released an autobiography, Little Girl Lost, when she was 16 in 1991. She went on to appear in a string of successful films throughout the decade, including Poison Ivy (1992), Boys on the ...more
- Age: 46
- Birthplace: Culver City, California, USA
- Michael Fred Phelps II (born June 30, 1985) is an American retired competitive swimmer and the most successful and most decorated Olympian of all time, with a total of 28 medals. Phelps also holds the all-time records for Olympic gold medals (23), Olympic gold medals in individual events (13), and Olympic medals in individual events (16). When he won eight gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Games, Phelps broke fellow American swimmer Mark Spitz's 1972 record of seven first-place finishes at any single Olympic Games. At the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Phelps had already tied the record of eight medals of any color at a single Games by winning six gold and two bronze medals. At the 2012 ...more
- Age: 36
- Birthplace: Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYMichael Gerard Tyson (born June 30, 1966) is an American former professional boxer who competed from 1985 to 2005. He reigned as the undisputed world heavyweight champion and holds the record as the youngest boxer to win a heavyweight title at 20 years, four months and 22 days old. Tyson won his first 19 professional fights by knockout or stoppage, 12 of them in the first round. He won the WBC title in 1986 after stopping Trevor Berbick in the second round, and added the WBA and IBF titles after defeating James Smith and Tony Tucker in 1987. This made Tyson the first heavyweight boxer to simultaneously hold the WBA, WBC and IBF titles, and the only heavyweight to successively unify ...more
- Age: 55
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Barbara Jill Walters (born September 25, 1929) is an American broadcast journalist, author, and television personality. Walters has hosted a variety of television programs, including Today, The View, 20/20, and the ABC Evening News. Since retirement as a full-time host and contributor, she continued to occasionally report for ABC News through 2015.Walters first became known as a television personality in the early 1960s, when she was a writer and segment producer of "women's interest stories" on the NBC News morning program The Today Show, where she began work with host Hugh Downs. As a result of her outstanding interviewing ability and her popularity with viewers, she received more airtime ...more
- Age: 92
- Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, USA