List of Famous People with OCD, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD is an anxiety disorder that inflicts an individual with feelings of fear and worry that can only be released by engaging in particular obsessions or compulsions. People who suffer from OCD frequently are compelled into repetitive behaviors or actions that they recognize as irrational.
Who is the most famous person who has OCD? “Good Luck Chuck” star Jessica Alba tops our list. Alba says that her OCD stems from needing to control something. Her disorder does not impact her on the set. Cameron Diaz's OCD is a bit more severe. The “Something About Mary” actress has a fear of germs and does not like to touch door nobs. Other famous actresses who have OCD are Jennifer Love Hewitt, Charlize Theron and Penelope Cruz.
Director Martin Scorsese has been diagnosed with OCD and he used the condition as inspiration when filming “The Aviator” about billionaire OCD sufferer Howard Hughes. Leonardo DiCaprio, who played Hughes, also suffers from OCD. Other actors who have the disorder include Charlie Sheen, Harrison Ford and Alec Baldwin.Why do you think so many famous people suffer from OCD? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Howie Mandel has been very open about his OCD. He calls handrails his enemy.
- Age: 65
- Birthplace: Willowdale, Toronto, Canada
- Photo: Featureflash / ShutterstockCameron Diaz's OCD makes her have a fear of germs.
- Age: 49
- Birthplace: San Diego, California, United States of America
- Soccer great David Beckham has admitted to struggling with OCD saying that he has to reorganize hotel rooms in order to feel comfortable.
- Age: 46
- Birthplace: Leytonstone, London, United Kingdom
- "Young Adult" star Charlize Theron says that her OCD keeps her up at nights worrying about messy cabinets and closets.
- Age: 46
- Birthplace: Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa