List of Famous People with OCD, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD is an anxiety disorder that inflicts an individual with feelings of fear and worry that can only be released by engaging in particular obsessions or compulsions. People who suffer from OCD frequently are compelled into repetitive behaviors or actions that they recognize as irrational.
Who is the most famous person who has OCD? “Good Luck Chuck” star Jessica Alba tops our list. Alba says that her OCD stems from needing to control something. Her disorder does not impact her on the set. Cameron Diaz's OCD is a bit more severe. The “Something About Mary” actress has a fear of germs and does not like to touch door nobs. Other famous actresses who have OCD are Jennifer Love Hewitt, Charlize Theron and Penelope Cruz.
Director Martin Scorsese has been diagnosed with OCD and he used the condition as inspiration when filming “The Aviator” about billionaire OCD sufferer Howard Hughes. Leonardo DiCaprio, who played Hughes, also suffers from OCD. Other actors who have the disorder include Charlie Sheen, Harrison Ford and Alec Baldwin.Why do you think so many famous people suffer from OCD? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Leonardo DiCaprio suffers from OCD and says that he allowed his condition to worsen in order to play Howard Hughes in "Aviator."
- Age: 45
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California
- Photo: Tinseltown / Shutterstock"Sin City" star Jessica Alba talked about her OCD in an interview with CosmoGirl stating, "It was like a panic come over me and I had to do something, and once I did it, I was OK. ... It was really me needing to control something."
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Pomona, California, United States of America
- Justin Timberlake suffers from OCD that makes him need everything to be organized perfectly. He also only allows certain foods in his refrigerator.
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
- Photo: Everett Collection / ShutterstockPop star Katy Perry suffers from OCD and says that she brushes her teeth 4-6 times a day.
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: Santa Barbara, California, United States of America