List of famous people with one eye ranked by fame and popularity. Many famous people have experienced a great deal of success while having one eye. Some celebrities choose to wear an eye patch, while others use a glass eye. Some famous people undergo surgeries throughout their lives to try to fix their eye sight, while other say that they wouldn't know what to do in 3D.
Who is the most famous person with one eye? Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke tops our list. Yorke was born with one eye fused shut, and doctors believed that the eye was permanently paralyzed. Yorke has had several surgeries to fix the eye, leaving it a bit droopy, but it has become one of his most recognizable trademarks. One of the surgeries left the musician partially blind in that eye.
Sammy Davis, Jr. is also quite famous for having only one eye, as Adam Sandler referenced in his “Thanksgiving Song.” Davis lost the eye in a car accident that left him near death. The incident shook the singer to his core, inciting him to become interested in Judaism.What do you think of all the famous people who have one eye? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / Public Domain"Columbo" actor Peter Falk's right eye was surgically removed when he was three. He wore a fake eye most of his life.
- Age: Dec. at 84 (1927-2011)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Sammy Davis, Jr. lost his left eye in an automobile accident in 1954. He wore an eye patch for six months, and then a glass eye.
- Age: Dec. at 65 (1925-1990)
- Birthplace: Harlem, New York City, New York, United States of America
- The Color Purple author Alice Walker was blinded in her right eye at age 12 after her brother shot her with a BB pellet during a game of "Cowboys and Indians."
- Age: 76
- Birthplace: Eatonton, Georgia, United States of America
- Photo: Dave Hogan / Getty ImagesRadiohead frontman Thom Yorke was born with his left eye fused shut, and doctors believed that the eye was paralyzed. He wore an eye patch as a child and has had over five surgeries on his eye.
- Age: 51
- Birthplace: Wellingborough, United Kingdom