When a strong man has a raspy voice, it can make him seem more rugged and tough. A beautiful woman with a husky voice might be considered sexy. This list includes famous actors and singers - male and female - with deep smoky voices. A scratchy voice can do different things for various celebrities. For an unfortunate person, a raspy voice can be really, really annoying.
Who is the most famous person with a raspy voice? Lindsay Lohan tops our list. The Mean Girls star's voice has been getting more hoarse and raspy in recent years. Her hoarse voice was especially prominent when she hosted Saturday Night Live in 2012. Lohan may have strained her vocal cords by overuse or damaged them by smoking. Other famous actresses with husky voices or vocal fry include Demi Moore, Emma Stone, and Whoopi Goldberg.
Several famous men also have raspy voices. Clint Eastwood's voice was perfectly hoarse as he delivered the line, “go ahead, make my day” in Dirty Harry. Gilbert Gottfried balances the fine line of funny and annoying by using his raspy voice to its fullest potential. Other famous men with hoarse, raspy voices include Al Pacino, Christian Bale, and “Macho Man” Randy Savage.
Do you think that raspy voices are attractive or annoying? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Miley Ray Hemsworth (née Cyrus, born Destiny Hope Cyrus; November 23, 1992) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. After playing minor roles in the television series Doc and the film Big Fish as a child, she became a teen idol in 2006, starring in the Disney Channel television series Hannah Montana as the character Miley Stewart. Her father, musician Billy Ray Cyrus, also starred in the series, which aired for four seasons until 2011. Cyrus has sold more than 20 million albums and 55 million singles worldwide. She has earned three number-one albums on the US Billboard 200 with Meet Miley Cyrus (2007), Breakout (2008), and Bangerz (2013). Her releases The Time of Our Lives (2009),... more
- Age: 28
- Birthplace: Nashville, Tennessee, USA
- Alternative Name: Hannah Montana, Destiny Cyrus, Destiny Hope Cyrus
- Steven Tyler (born Steven Victor Tallarico; March 26, 1948) is an American singer, songwriter, actor, and former television panelist. He is best known as the lead singer of the Boston-based rock band Aerosmith, in which he also plays the harmonica, piano, and percussion. He is known as the "Demon of Screamin'" due to his high screams and his wide vocal range. He is also known for his on-stage acrobatics. During his high-energy performances, Tyler usually dresses in bright, colorful outfits with his trademark scarves hanging from his microphone stand. In the 1970s, Tyler rose to prominence as the lead singer of Aerosmith, which released such milestone hard rock albums as Toys in the Attic... more
- Age: 73
- Birthplace: Yonkers, New York, USA
- Jaime Elizabeth Pressly (born July 30, 1977) is an American actress and model. She is best known for playing Joy Turner on the NBC sitcom My Name Is Earl, for which she was nominated for two Emmy Awards (winning one) as well as a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award. She has also appeared in films such as Poison Ivy: The New Seduction (1997), Joe Dirt (2001), DOA: Dead or Alive (2006), and I Love You, Man (2009). She currently portrays Jill in the television series Mom.... more
- Age: 44
- Birthplace: Kinston, North Carolina, United States of America
- Mischa Barton (born 24 January 1986) is a British-Irish-American film, television, and stage actress. She began her career on the stage, appearing in Tony Kushner's Slavs! and took the lead in James Lapine's Twelve Dreams at New York City's Lincoln Center. She made her screen debut with a guest appearance on the American soap opera All My Children (1996), and voicing a character on the Nickelodeon cartoon series KaBlam! (1996–97). Her first major film role was as the protagonist of Lawn Dogs (1997), a drama co-starring Sam Rockwell. She appeared in major pictures such as the romantic comedy Notting Hill (1999) and M. Night Shyamalan's psychological thriller The Sixth Sense (1999). She also... more
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: London, England