When a strong man has a raspy voice, it can make him seem more rugged and tough. A beautiful woman with a husky voice might be considered sexy. This list includes famous actors and singers - male and female - with deep smoky voices. A scratchy voice can do different things for various celebrities. For an unfortunate person, a raspy voice can be really, really annoying.
Who is the most famous person with a raspy voice? Lindsay Lohan tops our list. The Mean Girls star's voice has been getting more hoarse and raspy in recent years. Her hoarse voice was especially prominent when she hosted Saturday Night Live in 2012. Lohan may have strained her vocal cords by overuse or damaged them by smoking. Other famous actresses with husky voices or vocal fry include Demi Moore, Emma Stone, and Whoopi Goldberg.
Several famous men also have raspy voices. Clint Eastwood's voice was perfectly hoarse as he delivered the line, “go ahead, make my day” in Dirty Harry. Gilbert Gottfried balances the fine line of funny and annoying by using his raspy voice to its fullest potential. Other famous men with hoarse, raspy voices include Al Pacino, Christian Bale, and “Macho Man” Randy Savage.
Do you think that raspy voices are attractive or annoying? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Scarlett Ingrid Johansson (; born November 22, 1984) is an American actress and singer. She is the world's highest-paid actress, has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, has made multiple appearances in the Forbes Celebrity 100, and is the recipient of several awards, including a Tony Award and a British Academy Film Award. Born and raised in Manhattan, New York City, Johansson aspired to be an actress from a young age and first appeared on stage in an Off-Broadway play as a child. She made her film debut in the fantasy comedy North (1994), and gained early recognition for her roles in Manny & Lo (1996), The Horse Whisperer (1998), and Ghost World (2001). She shifted to adult roles in 2003... more
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Emily Jean "Emma" Stone (born November 6, 1988) is an American actress. The recipient of numerous accolades, including an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award, she was the highest-paid actress in the world in 2017. Stone has appeared in Forbes Celebrity 100 in 2013 and in 2017, she was featured by Time as one of the 100 most influential people in the world. Born and raised in Scottsdale, Arizona, Stone began acting as a child, in a theater production of The Wind in the Willows in 2000. As a teenager, she relocated to Los Angeles with her mother and made her television debut in In Search of the New Partridge Family (2004), a reality show that produced only an unsold pilot. After small... more
- Age: 31
- Birthplace: Scottsdale, Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
- William Emerson Arnett (born May 4, 1970) is a Canadian-American actor, voice actor, comedian and producer. He is best known for his role as George Oscar "Gob" Bluth II in the Fox/Netflix series Arrested Development (2003–2006, 2013, 2018–2019), for which he was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series. He has appeared in films such as Blades of Glory (2007), Hot Rod (2007) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014). His performance as Devon Banks in 30 Rock earned him four Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series nominations. His distinct, robust baritone voice has landed him prolific roles within animation, including... more
- Age: 50
- Birthplace: East York, Toronto, Canada
- Lindsay Dee Lohan (; born July 2, 1986) is an American actress, singer-songwriter, businesswoman, fashion designer, and film producer. Born and raised in New York, Lohan was signed to Ford Models as a child. Having appeared as a regular on the television soap opera Another World at age 10, her breakthrough came in the Walt Disney Pictures film The Parent Trap (1998). The film's success led to appearances in a string of televised films for Disney Channel and the movie Freaky Friday (2003). Lohan's work won her childhood stardom, and the sleeper hit Mean Girls (2004) affirmed her status as a teen idol. After starring in Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005), she quickly became the subject of intense... more
- Age: 29
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA