List of Famous People with Tourette's Syndrome, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Tourette's syndrome is a disorder identified by physical and vocal tics. ADHD and OCD are typically present in individuals with Tourette's syndrome. Genetic and environmental factors are thought to enhance the symptoms of Tourette syndrome.
Who is the most famous person with Tourette's syndrome? Soccer star David Beckham tops our list. Beckham suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder which is related to Tourette's syndrome. Beckham's condition manifests itself as constant hand washing and a need for order and cleanliness. Other athletes with mild to severe Tourette's syndrome include Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, Tim Howard and Jim Eisenreich.
“Blues Brothers” actor Dan Aykroyd suffers from a mild form of Tourette's syndrome. He treated his condition with therapy when he was a child. Aykroyd has also been diagnosed with Asperger syndrome. Jazz pianist Michael Wolff was diagnosed with Tourette's syndrome and he is on the Board of Directors of the Tourette Syndrome Association. Other famous people with Tourette's syndrome include Howard Hughes, “Deal or No Deal” host Howie Mandel and Dash Mihok.Do you think it would be difficult to be an actor with Tourette's syndrome? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: JStone / Shutterstock"Blue Brothers" actor Dan Aykroyd was diagnosed with a mild form of Tourette's syndrome.
- Age: 68
- Birthplace: Ottawa, Canada
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainHistorians believe that Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart had Tourette's syndrome.
- Age: Dec. at 35 (1756-1791)
- Birthplace: Salzburg, Austria
- Comedian Howie Mandel has OCD and Tourette's syndrome.
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Canada
- Billionaire and entrepreneur Howard Hughes had OCD which is a form of Tourette's syndrome.
- Age: Dec. at 71 (1905-1976)
- Birthplace: Texas, USA, Humble