List of Famous People with Vertigo ranked by fame and popularity. Vertigo is a type of dizziness that can effect an individual's balance. Often a person suffering from vertigo will feel like he is moving when he is standing still. Inner ear conditions can make a person feel the dizzying effects of vertigo. Vertigo can be treated by adjusting diet, taking medications and undergoing surgery.
Who is the most famous person who suffers with vertigo? Janet Jackson tops our list. In 2008, Jackson had to postpone nine shows because severe migraines were causing her to have vertigo. The pop star felt symptoms including dizziness and imbalance. Other famous women who suffer from vertigo include Peggy Lee, Kristin Chenoweth and Katie Leclerc.
NBA superstar LeBron James says that the reason he falls down so much is that he suffers from benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. James was being criticized for “flopping” by fellow NBA players and the media, when he responded, “I just wish people understood the illness that I have, and not rush to judge Lebron James so quickly.” Other famous men with vertigo include Nicolas Cage, Alan Shepard and George Clinton.Do you think you would be able to do your job while suffering from vertigo? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseIn 2008, Janet Jackson had to postpone nine shows because severe migraines were causing her to have vertigo.
- Age: 54
- Birthplace: Gary, Indiana, United States of America
- Photo: flickr / CC0"Con Air" star Nicolas Cage suffers from vertigo.
- Age: 51
- Birthplace: Long Beach, California, USA
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYNBA superstar LeBron James says that he suffers from Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: Akron, Ohio
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseNASA astronaut Alan Shepard suffered from Ménière's disease, an inner ear condition that's symptoms includes vertigo.
- Age: Dec. at 75 (1923-1998)
- Birthplace: Derry, New Hampshire, United States of America