List of notable or famous physicians from India, with bios and photos, including the top physicians born in India and even some popular physicians who immigrated to India. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Indian physicians then this list is the perfect resource for you. These physicians are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known physician from India is included when available.
List features famous Indian doctors like, Deepak Chopra, Aditi Gowitrikar and more.
This historic physicians from India list can help answer the questions "Who are some Indian physicians of note?" and "Who are the most famous physicians from India?" These prominent physicians of India may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Indian physicians.Use this list of renowned Indian physicians to discover some new physicians that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
Birthplace: Vijayawada, IndiaDr A. G. K. Gokhale is an Indian Cardiac Surgeon at Yashoda Hospitals, Secunderabad. He is... more 0
Birthplace: IndiaA. K. Patel is a former union minister of state in Government of India. He served as Minister... more 0
- 3Diwan Bahadur Sir Arcot Lakshmanaswami Mudaliar, FRCOG, FACS (14 October 1887 – 15 April 1974)... more0
Abraham VergheseAge: 65
Birthplace: Addis Ababa, EthiopiaAbraham Verghese (born 1955) is an American physician, author, Professor for the Theory and... more 0
Acacio Gabriel ViegasDec. at 77 (1856-1933)
Birthplace: ArporaAcacio Gabriel Viegas (1 April 1856—1933) was a medical practitioner who was credited with the... more 0
Birthplace: Panvel, IndiaAditi Govitrikar (born 14 May 1972) is an Indian model, actress and a doctor. From 1997 until... more 0
- 7Ajmal Ameer is an Indian film actor and physician, who works in the Malayalam, Tamil, and... more 0
Anil AggrawalAge: 64
Birthplace: New Delhi, IndiaAnil Aggrawal is a professor of forensic medicine at the Maulana Azad Medical College, New... more 0
Arastu Yar JungDec. at 82 (1858-1940)
Birthplace: IndiaNawab Arastu Yar Jung (10 June 1858 – 25 March 1940)(Arabic: نواب أرسطو يار جنك) was a... more 0
- 10Aroup Chatterjee (born 23 June 1958) is a British Indian author and physician. He was born in... more
- 11Balakrishna Chintaman was the father of Shreeram Lagoo.
Bhau DajiDec. at 52 (1822-1874)
Birthplace: IndiaBhau Daji Lad (Ramachandra Vitthal Lad) (1824–74) was an Indian physician, Sanskrit scholar,... more 0
Birthplace: BankiporeBidhan Chandra Roy MD DSc MRCP, FRCS; (1 July 1882 – 1 July 1962) was an eminent Indian... more 0
Birthplace: IndiaHe is the recipient of several awards including the Jonathan Mann Award, the Gwangju... more 0
Birthplace: Bihar, IndiaBinod Bihari Verma (1937–2003) was a Maithili writer, doctor and member of the military. He is... more 0
Birthplace: Eurasia, Bihar, IndiaChandreshwar Prasad "C P" Thakur (born 3 September 1931) is a current member of Rajya Sabha, a... more 0
Debendra PradhanAge: 79
Birthplace: Odisha, IndiaDebendra Pradhan (Odia language:ଦେବେନ୍ଦ୍ର ପ୍ରଧାନ) born 1997, is a former minister of state of... more 0
Birthplace: New Delhi, IndiaDeepak Chopra (; Hindi: [d̪iːpək tʃoːpraː]; born October 22, 1946) is an Indian-born American... more 0
Dhrubajyoti BoraAge: 64
Birthplace: Shillong, IndiaDhrubajyoti Bora (a.k.a. Dhruba Jyoti Borah) (Assamese: ধ্ৰুৱজ্যোতি বৰা), a medical doctor by... more 0
- 20Dr R Kesavan Nair (valia Kesavan Nair) was the Professor of Surgery at Medical College,... more
R. Kesavan Nair0
- 21Manikanda Prabhu is the son of Senthil.
Dr. Manikanda Prabhu0
- 22Fathullah Shirazi (c. 1582), sometimes referred to as Amir Fathullah Shirazi, was a... more 0
- 23Gautam Goswami was an Indian civil servant of 1991-batch from Bihar cadre, who had faced... more0
- 24On 5 July 2005, five terrorists attacked the makeshift Ram temple at the site of destroyed... more
- 25Jasbir Singh Bajaj is a noted Indian physician specializing in the treatment of diabetes.
Jasbir Singh Bajaj