List of notable or famous poets from Pakistan, with bios and photos, including the top poets born in Pakistan and even some popular poets who immigrated to Pakistan. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Pakistani poets then this list is the perfect resource for you. Here also famous Pakistani authors and famous Pakistani playwrights. These poets are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known poet from Pakistan is included when available.
List is made up of many different people, including Muhammad Iqbal and Ahmad Faraz.
This historic poets from Pakistan list can help answer the questions "Who are some Pakistani poets of note?" and "Who are the most famous poets from Pakistan?" These prominent poets of Pakistan may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Pakistani poets.Use this list of renowned Pakistani poets to discover some new poets that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Photo: flickr / CC0
- Age: 76
- Birthplace: Aligarh, Pakistan, Pakistan
- Profession: Poet, Author
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesAgha Shorish Kashmiri was a scholar, writer, debater, and leader of the Majlis-e-Ahrar-e-Islam party. He was a figure of the freedom movement of undivided India, as well as the chief editor of the weekly Chattan. Kashmiri started his political career in 1935 when he delivered a historical speech at the Shaheed Ganj Mosque conference, during the presidency of Zafar Ali Khan. He was a student of Zafar Ali Khan, but was disappointed by the violence at the Shaheed Ganj Mosque in 1935. Kashmiri was impressed by Chaudhry Afzal Haq, who was a political leader of Indian sub-continent, so he joined All-India Majlis-e-Ahrar-e-Islam and the struggle for Ahrar Party. Kashmiri was also impressed by his... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 58 (1917-1975)
- Birthplace: Lahore, Pakistan
- Profession: Poet, Journalist, Historian, Political Activist
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainAhmed Faraz (Urdu: احمد فراز, Syed Ahmed Shah (Urdu: سید احمد شاہ) (12 January 1931 – 25 August 2008) in Kohat, died 25 August 2008) was a Pakistani Urdu poet. He was widely known as one of the best modern Urdu poets of the last century. Faraz was his pen name, (in Urdu takhalus تخلص). He died in Islamabad on 25 August 2008. He was awarded Sitara-i-Imtiaz, Hilal-e-Imtiaz and posthumously the Hilal-e-Pakistan by the Government of Pakistan.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 77 (1931-2008)
- Birthplace: Kohat, Pakistan
- Profession: Poet, Lecturer
- Ajmal Khattak (Pashto: اجمل خټک) (Urdu: اجمل خٹک) (15 September 1925 – 7 February 2010) was a Pakistani politician, writer, Pashtun poet, Khudai Khidmatgar, former President of Awami National Party and close friend of the late Khan Wali Khan.His early student life was marked by active protests against the British Raj, which was followed by his joining of the Khudai khidmatgar movement and anti-colonial Pashto poetry. Following the independence of Pakistan in 1947. he joined the National Awami Party and became a close friend of Abdul Wali Khan. He served as secretary general of the National Awami Party from 1969–1973. He was defeated by Abdul Haq in the 1970 general election, however... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 85 (1925-2010)
- Birthplace: Akora Khattak, Pakistan
- Profession: Poet, Politician, Writer