List of notable or famous poets from Pakistan, with bios and photos, including the top poets born in Pakistan and even some popular poets who immigrated to Pakistan. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Pakistani poets then this list is the perfect resource for you. Here also famous Pakistani authors and famous Pakistani playwrights. These poets are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known poet from Pakistan is included when available.
List is made up of many different people, including Muhammad Iqbal and Ahmad Faraz.
This historic poets from Pakistan list can help answer the questions "Who are some Pakistani poets of note?" and "Who are the most famous poets from Pakistan?" These prominent poets of Pakistan may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Pakistani poets.Use this list of renowned Pakistani poets to discover some new poets that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainAmjad Islam Amjad, PP, Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Urdu: امجد اسلام امجد) (born 4 August 1944) is an Urdu poet, drama writer and lyricist from Pakistan. He has received many awards for his literary work and screenplay for TV, including Pride of Performance and Sitara-e-Imtiaz.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 76
- Birthplace: Lahore, Pakistan
- Profession: Poet, Lyricist
- Credits: Salakhain
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesAnwar Maqsood Hameedi (Urdu: انور مقصود حمیدی) popularly known as Anwar Maqsood is a Pakistani scriptwriter, television host, satirist, humorist, and infrequent actor. He is well known for his drama write-ups for Pakistan Television Corporation in the late 1970s and 1980s.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 85
- Birthplace: Hyderabad State
- Profession: Poet, Screenwriter, Satirist, Lyricist, Actor
- Credits: Zinda
- Anwar Masood (Urdu: انورمسعود; born 8 November 1935) is a Pakistani poet known for his comic poetry. However, his works include other genres as well. He writes in Punjabi, Urdu and Persian languages.His poetry is known for the unique use of everyday, commonplace phrases and wording that is instantly relatable for masses in the region. Numerous of his Punjabi lines and phrases have actually become a figure of speech in everyday conversations. The most prominent feature of his expression is the poignancy buried deep under the humor making his poetry one of its kind. The nuance of tragedy in his poems is a reflection of social injustice, discriminations and personal misfortunes of his... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 84
- Birthplace: Gujrat city, Pakistan
- Profession: Poet
- Photo: user uploaded imageAziz Mian Qawwal (Urdu: عزیز میاں قوال) (17 April 1942 – 6 December 2000) was one of Pakistan's leading traditional qawwals and also famous for singing ghazals in his own unique style of qawwali. Aziz mian is honorably considered as Shahenshah E Qawwali which means The Ultimate King Of Qawwali, he is considered to be one of the Greatest Qawwali singers of all time. Today he is still one of the most popular qawwals of the world, and he has given us many Qawwali hits. He holds the record for singing the longest commercially released qawwali, Hashr Ke Roz Yeh Poochhunga, which runs slightly over 150 minutes.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 58 (1942-2000)
- Birthplace: Delhi, India
- Profession: Poet, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Singer, Writer