List of notable or famous police officers from India, with bios and photos, including the top police officers born in India and even some popular police officers who immigrated to India. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Indian police officers then this list is the perfect resource for you. These police officers are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known police officer from India is included when available.
The list you're viewing has a variety of IPS officers, like Kiran Bedi and Ngangbam Soniya Chanu, in it.
This historic police officers from India list can help answer the questions "Who are some Indian police officers of note?" and "Who are the most famous police officers from India?" These prominent police officers of India may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Indian police officers.Use this list of renowned Indian police officers to discover some new police officers that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Photo: user uploaded imageChekrovolu Swuro is an Indian archer. She represented India in archery in the 2002 Asian Games and 2006 Asian Games held at Busan, South Korea and Doha, Qatar respectively. She was a member of the silver medal winning team in the 2011 World Archery Championships held at Turin, Italy. By winning a silver medal in the team event at the 2011 World Archery Championships in Turin she qualified for the 2012 Summer Olympics in both women's individual and team archery.
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Phek district, India
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useHemant Karkare AC (pronunciation ) (12 December 1954 – 27 November 2008) was the chief of the Mumbai Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS). He was killed in action during the 2008 Mumbai attacks. In 2009, he was posthumously given the Ashoka Chakra, India's highest peacetime gallantry decoration. Karkare succeeded K. P. Raghuvanshi as the Chief of ATS in January 2008 and was eventually succeeded by Raghuvanshi after he was martyred on 26 November 2008. He was credited with solving the serial bombing cases in Thane, Vashi and Panvel, and led the investigation of the 2008 Malegaon blasts.
- Age: Dec. at 53 (1954-2008)
- Birthplace: Nagpur, India
- Kiran Bedi (born 9 June 1949) is a retired Indian Police Service officer, social activist, former tennis player and politician who is the current Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry. She is the first woman to join the Indian Police Service (IPS). She remained in service for 35 years before taking voluntary retirement in 2007 as Director General, Bureau of Police Research and Development. As a teenager, Bedi became the national junior tennis champion in 1966. Between 1965 and 1978, she won several titles at national and state-level championships. After joining IPS, Bedi served in Delhi, Goa, Chandigarh and Mizoram. She started her career as an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) in ...more
- Age: 73
- Birthplace: Amritsar, India
- Ngangbam Soniya Chanu (born 15 February 1980) is an Indian Woman Weightlifter. She won the silver medal in the Women's 48 kg category at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.She is from Imphal West district of Manipur state of India.
- Age: 42
- Birthplace: Imphal West district, India