Which likable politicians would be fun to have a few drinks with? Many politicians market themselves as regular folks you'd want to sit down for a beer with. George W. Bush, for one, is thought to have won the 2004 election because of his "regular guy" appeal. An August, 2004 Zogy/Williams Identity Poll found that 57.3% of undecided voters would rather have had a beer with Bush over his opponent John Kerry - despite the fact that Bush didn't actually drink. This was around the time Kerry was doing well in polls, and it might have caused a resurgence in Bush's popularity.
But when it comes right down to it, who are the politicians you like who you'd *actually* want to hang out with over a few oat sodas, as opposed to the ones who just want to make you think that because it might get you to pick them? Maybe you'd like to talk P90X with Paul Ryan, or get a front row seat for all manner of Joe Biden shenanigans?
In the spirit of Ranker's lists of both famous men and famous women you'd want to grab a beer with, here's a list of current political figures who'd probably be fun to knock back a few adult beverages with. Vote up the ones who you think you'd have a good time with, vote down the ones who'd bore you to death, or even worse, try to convince you to vote for them!
Make your voice heard for the 2020 election. REGISTER TO VOTE!
- Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger (; German: [ˈaɐ̯nɔlt ˈʃvaɐ̯tsn̩ˌʔɛɡɐ]; born July 30, 1947) is an Austrian-American politician, actor, filmmaker, and former professional bodybuilder. He served as the 38th ...more
- Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (; Xhosa: [xolíɬaɬa mandɛ̂ːla]; 18 July 1918 – 5 December 2013) was a South African anti-apartheid revolutionary, political leader, and philanthropist who served as ...more
- George Walker Bush (born July 6, 1946) is an American politician and businessman who served as the 43rd president of the United States from 2001 to 2009. He had previously served as the 46th governor ...more
- Barack Hussein Obama born August 4, 1961is an American attorney and politician who served as the 44th president of the United States from 2009 to 2017. A member of the Democratic Party, he was the ...more
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (; 2 October 1869 – 30 January 1948) was an Indian lawyer, anti-colonial nationalist, and political ethicist, who employed nonviolent resistance to lead the successful ...more
- John Sidney McCain III (August 29, 1936 – August 25, 2018) was an American politician and military officer, who served as a United States senator from Arizona from January 1987 until his death. He ...more
- Nimrata Haley (née Randhawa, January 20, 1972), known as Nikki Haley, is an American diplomat and politician who served as United States ambassador to the United Nations from 2017 to 2018. As a ...more
- William Jefferson Clinton (born William Jefferson Blythe III; August 19, 1946) is an American politician who served as the 42nd president of the United States from 1993 to 2001. Prior to the ...more
- George Herbert Walker Bush (June 12, 1924 – November 30, 2018) was an American politician and businessman who served as the 41st president of the United States from 1989 to 1993 and the 43rd vice ...more
- Andrew Yang (born January 13, 1975) is an American entrepreneur, the founder of Venture for America, and a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate. He has worked in startups and early stage growth ...more
- Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is an American politician who served as the 45th president of the United States from 2017 to 2021. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television ...more
- Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. (/ˈbaɪdən/ BY-dən; born November 20, 1942) is an American politician serving as the 46th and current president of the United States. A member of the Democratic Party, Biden ...more
- James Earl Carter Jr. (born October 1, 1924) is an American politician and philanthropist who served as the 39th president of the United States from 1977 to 1981. A member of the Democratic Party, he ...more
- Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin (; Russian: Влади́мир Влади́мирович Пу́тин, romanized: Vladímir Vladímirovič Pútin; born 7 October 1952) is the President of Russia since 2012, previously holding the ...more
- Tulsi Gabbard (; born April 12, 1981) is an American politician and military combat veteran serving as the U.S. Representative for Hawaii's 2nd congressional district. She is a member of the ...more
- Bernard Sanders (born September 8, 1941) is an American politician who has served as the junior United States Senator from Vermont since 2007. Vermont's at-large Congressman from 1991 to 2007, he is ...more
- Justin Pierre James Trudeau (; French: [ʒystɛ̃ tʁydo]; born December 25, 1971) is a Canadian politician who has served as the 23rd prime minister of Canada since 2015 and leader of the Liberal Party ...more
- Ronald Ernest Paul (born August 20, 1935) is an American author, physician, and retired politician who served as the U.S. Representative for Texas's 22nd congressional district from 1976 to 1977 and ...more
- Randal Howard Paul (born January 7, 1963) is an American politician and physician serving as the junior United States Senator from Kentucky since 2011, alongside Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. He ...more
- Angela Dorothea Merkel (, German: [aŋˈɡeːla ˈmɛɐ̯kl̩]; née Kasner; born 17 July 1954) is a German politician serving as Chancellor of Germany since 2005. She served as the leader of the centre-right ...more
- Jesse Ventura (born James George Janos; July 15, 1951) is an American media personality, actor, author, retired professional wrestler, and former politician who served as the Mayor of Brooklyn Park ...more
- Henry Alfred Kissinger (; German: [ˈkɪsɪŋɐ]; born Heinz Alfred Kissinger; May 27, 1923) is an American politician, diplomat, and geopolitical consultant who served as United States Secretary of State ...more
- Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu (Hebrew: בִּנְיָמִין נְתַנְיָהוּ ; born 21 October 1949) is an Israeli politician who has been Prime Minister of Israel since 2009, having previously held the position from ...more
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (born October 13, 1989) is an American activist, community organizer, and democratic-socialist politician. On June 26, 2018, Ocasio-Cortez won the Democratic primary in New ...more
- Herman Cain (December 13, 1945 – July 30, 2020) was an American business executive, syndicated columnist, and Tea Party activist. Cain grew up in Georgia and graduated from Morehouse College with a ...more