List of notable or famous scientists from China, with bios and photos, including the top scientists born in China and even some popular scientists who immigrated to China. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Chinese scientists then this list is the perfect resource for you. These scientists are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known scientist from China is included when available.
List contains people like Taylor Wang, Qian Xuesen.
This historic scientists from China list can help answer the questions "Who are some Chinese scientists of note?" and "Who are the most famous scientists from China?" These prominent scientists of China may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Chinese scientists.Use this list of renowned Chinese scientists to discover some new scientists that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Zhou Bangxin (Chinese: 周邦新, born December, 1935), academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), professor of material science and engineering at Shanghai University.
- Bruce Lahn is a Chinese-born American geneticist. Lahn came to the U.S. from China to continue his education in the late 1980s. He is the William B. Graham professor of Human Genetics at the ...more
- Tan Jiazhen (15 September 1909 – 1 November 2008), also known as C. C. Tan, was a Chinese geneticist. He was an academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and a foreign member of United States ...more
- Sai On (蔡温) (1682–1761), or Cai Wen in Chinese, also known as Gushi-chan Bunjaku (具志頭文若, lit. Bunjaku, head of Gushi), was a scholar-bureaucrat official of the Ryūkyū Kingdom, serving as regent, ...more
- Cai Xitao or Tsai Hse-Tao (Chinese: 蔡希陶; pinyin: Cài Xītáo; Wade–Giles: Tsai4 Hsi1-tao2; 10 April 1911 – 9 March 1981) was a Chinese botanist from a village near Dongyang, Zhejiang province, ...more
- Chang Ch‘i-yün or Zhang Qiyun (29 September 1901 – 26 August 1985) was a historian, geographer, educator and politician. He was the founder of the Chinese Culture University and the Nanhai Academy ...more
- Sir Charles Kuen Kao (4 November 1933 – 23 September 2018) was a physicist and electrical engineer who pioneered the development and use of fibre optics in telecommunications. In the 1960s, Kao ...more
- Yang Chen-Ning or Yang Zhenning (Chinese: 杨振宁; born October 1, 1922) is a Chinese theoretical physicist who made significant contributions to statistical mechanics, integrable systems, gauge theory, ...more
- Qian Weichang or Chien Wei-zang (simplified Chinese: 钱伟长; traditional Chinese: 錢偉長; pinyin: Qián Wěicháng; Wade–Giles: Ch'ien Wei-ch'ang; 9 October 1912 – 30 July 2010) was a Chinese physicist and ...more
- Chien-Shiung Wu (simplified Chinese: 吴健雄; traditional Chinese: 吳健雄; pinyin: Wú Jiànxióng; May 31, 1912 – February 16, 1997) was a Chinese-American experimental physicist who made significant ...more
- Chih Ree Sun (May 6, 1923 – January 5, 2007) was a Chinese American physicist most noted for breaking new ground in modern physics as a professor at the State University of New York in Albany. He ...more
- Coching Chu or Zhu Kezhen (simplified Chinese: 竺可桢; traditional Chinese: 竺可楨; pinyin: Zhú Kězhēn; Wade–Giles: Chu K'o-chen; 7 March 1890 – 7 February 1974) was a prominent Chinese meteorologist, ...more
- Ding Zhongli (simplified Chinese: 丁仲礼; traditional Chinese: 丁仲禮; pinyin: Dīng Zhònglǐ; born January 1957) is a Chinese geologist and politician. He is a Vice Chairman of the National People's ...more
- Dr. Edmond Locard (13 December 1877 – 4 April 1966) was a French criminologist, the pioneer in forensic science who became known as the "Sherlock Holmes of France". He formulated the basic principle ...more
- Gan De (Chinese: 甘德; fl. 4th century BC) was a Chinese astronomer and astrologer born in the State of Qi also known as the Lord Gan (Gan Gong). Along with Shi Shen, he is believed to be the first in ...more
- Gaolian Liu (Chinese: 刘高联; pinyin: Líu Gāolián, born July, 1932) is a scientist of Engineering Thermal Physics and Hydrodynamics, a professor of Shanghai University, and an academician of the Chinese ...more
- Zhou Guozhi (Chinese: 周国治; born March 1937) is a Chinese material scientist and physical chemist. He is an academician with the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and a professor of material science ...more
- Huang Hongjia (Chinese: 黄宏嘉; born August 5, 1924) is an academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and a professor at Shanghai University.
- Hsien Wu (simplified Chinese: 吴宪; traditional Chinese: 吳憲; pinyin: Wú Xiàn; 24 November 1893 – 8 August 1959) was a Chinese protein scientist. He was the first to propose that protein denaturation ...more
- JiaMo Fu (傅家谟, July, 1935 – June 11, 2015) was an academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and professor of environmental and architectural engineering in Shanghai University. He wrote ...more
- Sun Jinliang (simplified Chinese: 孙晋良; traditional Chinese: 孫晉良; pinyin: Sūn Jìnliáng, born January 1946) is an academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE) and professor of material ...more
- Kenneth Jinghwa Hsu (simplified Chinese: 许靖华; traditional Chinese: 許靖華; pinyin: Xǔ Jìnghuá) Ph.D, M.A., born 28 June 1929, is a Chinese scientist, geologist, paleoclimatologist, oceanographer, ...more
- Liu Yuanzhang (simplified Chinese: 刘源张; traditional Chinese: 劉源張; pinyin: Liú Yuánzhāng; January, 1925 – 3 April 2014 ) was an academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and professor ...more
- Ma Jun (fl. 220–265), courtesy name Deheng, was a Chinese mechanical engineer, inventor, and politician who lived in the state of Cao Wei during the Three Kingdoms period of China. His most notable ...more
- Ouyang Ziyuan (simplified Chinese: 欧阳自远; traditional Chinese: 歐陽自遠; pinyin: Ōuyáng Zìyuǎn, born 1935) is a Chinese cosmochemist, geochemist and space advocate. He is a research professor at the ...more