List of notable or famous singers from Bangladesh, with bios and photos, including the top singers born in Bangladesh and even some popular singers who immigrated to Bangladesh. Be sure to also check our lists of famous bands from Pakistan and the greatest Indian pop musicians. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Bengali singers then this list is the perfect resource for you. These singers are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known singer from Bangladesh is included when available.
List is made up of many different singers, including Ayub Bachchu and Runa Laila. This historic singers from Bangladesh list can help answer the questions "Who are some Bangladeshi singers of note?" and "Who are the most famous singers from Bangladesh?" These prominent singers of Bangladesh may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Bangladeshi singers. If you're looking the artist who sings your favorite Bangladashi song, this list is for you!Use this list of renowned Bangladeshi singers to discover some new singers that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Photo: flickr / CC0Abdul Latif (1927 – 27 February 2005) was a Bangladeshi singer, musician, and lyricist. He was the initial composer of the Bengali language movement song, "Amaar Bhaiyer Rakte Rangano Ekushey February". He was awarded Ekushey Padak in 1997 and Independence Day Award in 2002 by the Government of Bangladesh.... more on Wikipedia
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYAltaf Mahmud (Bengali: আলতাফ মাহমুদ; 23 December 1933 – September 1971) was a musician, cultural activist, and martyred freedom fighter of the Bangladesh Liberation War. He was also a language activist of the Language Movement and composer of "Amar Bhaier Rokte Rangano", the famous song written to commemorate the event.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 41 (1930-1971)
- Birthplace: Bangladesh
- Ayub Bachchu (Bengali pronunciation: [ae̯ub batʃtʃu]; 16 August 1962 – 18 October 2018) was a Bangladeshi rock guitarist, composer and singer-songwriter, who was the founder of the Bangladeshi rock band LRB and earned success as the lead singer and the lead guitarist of the band. Born in Patiya, Bachchu came to Chittagong with his family in the early 1970s. He formed his first band "Ugly Boys" in 1977, while studying in high school and joined in rock band Feelings (Now known as Nagar Baul) as the guitarist the same year. He played in the band from 1977 to 1980. In 1980, he joined Souls where he played for ten years and appeared in four studio albums including Super Souls (1982), College Er... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 58
- Birthplace: Chittagong, Bangladesh
- Photo: East-West Center / FlickrMahbubul Haque Khan (28 February 1950 – 5 June 2011), best known as Azam Khan, was a Bangladeshi singer-songwriter, record producer, and lead singer for the rock band "Uchcharon". He was also a freedom fighter. He took part in the Liberation War of Bangladesh in 1971. He is considered to be one of the greatest artist in the history of Bangladeshi popular music.Khan was born and raised in Dhaka. He was interested in music since his childhood. He started his music career there with the group "ক্রান্তি শিল্পী গোষ্ঠী (Trinity Artist Group)" in 1967. He attended in the 1969 mass uprising, against the Pakistani army. In 1971, inspired by his father, he and his brothers took part in the Liberation... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 61 (1950-2011)