You don't have to be gay to fight for gay rights, as the straight celebrities on this list have proven. Several famous straight celebrities support gay rights causes and charities. Popular actors, actresses, musicians, and TV personalities all support gay rights organizations, even though they themselves are straight. Some famous folks even started their own foundations to further gay rights.
Who is the most famous straight person who fights for gay rights? Jennifer Aniston this list. She is a supporter of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD). The Trevor Project is another popular organization supported by many celebrities. Its goal is to promote acceptance of gay and questioning teens, and to prevent suicide in the group of young people..
The Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN) is another organization that is supported by famous people. It works to promote a safe school environment and prevent homophobic bullying. Another celebrity supported organization is the It Gets Better Project, which shows young LGBT teens the happiness that exists in life beyond their rough teen years.What is your favorite organization that promotes gay rights? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: uploaded by blue_eyes 101In a 2014 interview with Billboard, the country legend shared her love for her gay fans as well as her feelings towards Christians that feel the need to "judge" the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.
- Age: 74
- Birthplace: Tennessee, USA, Sevierville
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYJennifer Aniston supports charities like GLAAD.
- Age: 46
- Birthplace: Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Photo: flickr / CC0Brad Pitt supports charities like the American Foundation for Equal Rights, Human Rights Watch, and the Human Rights Campaign. He has been with his partner Angelina Jolie since 2005.
- Age: 56
- Birthplace: Shawnee, Oklahoma, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYReality TV star Kim Kardashian supports gay rights charities including the Elton John AIDS Foundation, the True Colors Fund, and the American Foundation for AIDS Research.
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America