List of famous televangelists (also known as "TV evangelists"), with photos where possible. Televangelism is the religious practice in which a Christian Minister largely utilizes television broadcasting to spread his gospel. A televangelist can have his own congregation and church (sometimes large enough to be referred to as a "megachurch"), or he can work solely through television. Television preachers and ministers actually have their roots in radio, later spreading to TV as the technology became available. Featuring Black preachers, televangelists who recently died, and more, this list has them all.
Who are the most famous televangelists? Popular televangelists have faced great criticism, especially if they act as faith-healers. They have also been accused of greed. This becomes obvious when one compares a televangelist's often opulent lifestyle, especially when compared to traditional men of the cloth: the kind not found on this TV evangelist list.
- Asa Alonso Allen (March 27, 1911 – June 11, 1970), better known as A. A. Allen, was a minister with a Pentecostal evangelistic healing and deliverance ministry. He was, for a time, associated with ...more
- Mother Mary Angelica of the Annunciation, PCPA (born Rita Antoinette Rizzo; April 20, 1923 – March 27, 2016), also known as Mother Angelica, was a Catholic American Poor Clare nun best known for her ...more
- Ernest Winston Angley (born August 9, 1921) is an American Christian evangelist, author and television station owner based in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
- John Ankerberg (born December 10, 1945) is an American Christian television host, author, and speaker. He is an ordained Baptist minister and has authored or coauthored more than 150 books and study ...more
- Garner Ted Armstrong (February 9, 1930 – September 15, 2003) was an American evangelist and the son of Herbert W. Armstrong, founder of the Worldwide Church of God, at the time a Sabbatarian ...more
- Herbert W. Armstrong (July 31, 1892 – January 16, 1986) was the founder of the Radio Church of God, incorporated October 21, 1933 and later renamed Worldwide Church of God on June 1, 1968, and also ...more
- Dr. John Avanzini is an American televangelist and "Word of Faith" Bible teacher who preaches a message of financial prosperity. Avanzini who was raised in Lake Jackson, Texas, has his present ...more
- James Orsen Bakker (; born January 2, 1940) is an American televangelist, former Assemblies of God minister and former host (with his then-wife, Tammy Faye Bakker) of The PTL Club, an evangelical ...more
Tammy Faye Bakker
- Doug Batchelor is an evangelist and the author of several books including The Richest Caveman, the story of his early life and conversion to Christianity. His primary ministry is Amazing Facts - a ...more
- Juanita Bynum is an American Pentecostal televangelist, author, actress and gospel singer.
- Harold Egbert Camping (July 19, 1921 – December 15, 2013) was an American Christian radio broadcaster, author and evangelist. Beginning in 1958, he served as president of Family Radio, a ...more
- Morris Cerullo (born October 2, 1931) is an American pentecostal evangelist. He has traveled extensively around the world for his ministry. He hosts Victory Today, a daily television program, and has ...more
- Kenneth Max Copeland (born December 6, 1936) is an American televangelist and author associated with the Charismatic Movement. He has been identified as preaching a prosperity and abundance message, ...more
- Charles Edward Coughlin ( KOG-lin; October 25, 1891 – October 27, 1979) was a Canadian-American Roman Catholic priest based in the United States near Detroit. He was the founding priest of the ...more
- Paul Franklin Crouch (March 30, 1934 – November 30, 2013) was an American television evangelist. Crouch and his wife, Jan, founded the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) in 1973.
- Billy Joe Daugherty (April 23, 1952 – November 22, 2009) was founder and pastor of Victory Christian Center (now Victory Church) in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He was also the founder of Victory Christian ...more
- Creflo Augustus Dollar, Jr. is an American televangelist, pastor, and the founder of the non-denominational World Changers Church International based in Fulton County, Georgia, Creflo Dollar ...more
- Richard W. Dortch (October 15, 1931 – June 15, 2011) was an Assemblies of God District Superintendent for Illinois (1970–83) and an Assemblies of God Executive Presbyter (1971–1985). Born in Granite ...more
- Jesse Duplantis (born July 9, 1949) is a prosperity gospel preacher from the Christian Evangelical Charismatic tradition based in New Orleans, Louisiana, US, and the founder of Jesse Duplantis ...more
D. L. Dykes, Jr.
- Jerry Lamon Falwell Sr. (; August 11, 1933 – May 15, 2007) was an American Southern Baptist pastor, televangelist, and conservative activist. He was the founding pastor of the Thomas Road Baptist ...more
- Robert J. Fox (December 24, 1927 – November 26, 2009) was an American priest of the Roman Catholic faith. He was a prolific author of religious books, and appeared on many Roman Catholic television ...more