List of the best tennis players from England, listed by popularity with photos of the players when available. England has produced some very talented tennis players over the years, including both men and women. Be sure to also check the best South African tennis players and the greatest men's tennis players of the 1930s. These are some of the most talented British tennis players to ever live, so if you're a native of England and are aspiring to play tennis professionally then these people should be your idols. If you're searching for a particular popular tennis player from England then you can use the "search" box to find who you're looking for.
You can rank all of these players, from Andy Murray to Sue Barker.
This list answers the questions, "Who are the greatest British tennis players?" and "Who is the best British tennis player of all time?"You can click on the names of these legendary tennis players of England in order to get more information about each one. If you play tennis or just love the sport then use this list of talented British tennis players to find some athletes you haven't heard of before.
Tim HenmanTimothy Henry Henman OBE (born 6 September 1974) is a retired British professional tennis player. Henman played a serve-and-volley style of tennis. He was the first male player from the United Kingdom since Roger Taylor in the 1970s to reach the semi-finals of the Wimbledon Men's Singles Championship. Henman never reached the finals of any Grand Slam but reached six Grand Slam semi-finals and won 15 career ATP titles (11 in singles and four in doubles), including the Paris Masters in 2003. Also, he scored 40 wins and 14 losses with the Great Britain Davis Cup team. Henman was ranked British number 1 in 1996 and again from 1999 to 2005, from which point he was succeeded by Andy Murray. He... more on Wikipedia
37582Are they one of the best?
- Birthplace: Oxford, United Kingdom
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Year Turned Pro: 1993
- Susan Barker, (born 19 April 1956 in Paignton, Devon) is an English television presenter and former professional tennis player. During her tennis career, she won fifteen WTA Tour singles titles, including one Grand Slam singles title at the 1976 French Open. She reached a career-high singles ranking of World No. 3. She is now one of the main sports presenters at the BBC, most notably fronting the corporation’s coverage of Wimbledon and A Question of Sport.... more on Wikipedia
22664Are they one of the best?
- Birthplace: Paignton, United Kingdom
- Nationality: United Kingdom, England
- Year Turned Pro: 1973
- Photo: AIB London / Wiki CommonsAnnabel Nicola Croft (born 12 July 1966 in Farnborough, Kent) is a former professional British No. 1 female tennis player and current radio and television presenter. As a tennis player she won the WTA Tour event Virginia Slims of San Diego and represented Great Britain in the Fed Cup and the Wightman Cup. After retiring from tennis, she turned to television presenting, with such shows as Treasure Hunt and Interceptor. In 2005, she appeared in the ITV programme Celebrity Wrestling and went on to win it. Most recently she has been a presenter for Eurosport, Sky Sports and the BBC.... more on Wikipedia
20557Are they one of the best?
- Birthplace: Farnborough, London, London, United Kingdom
- Nationality: England
- David Alan Lloyd (born 3 January 1948) is a former professional English tennis player and entrepreneur. He was born in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex. He and his younger brother John Lloyd became two of the most successful British tennis players throughout the 1970s and 1980s. David captained the British Davis Cup team and became a leading figure in the Lawn Tennis Association. For a short time he was chairman of Hull City A.F.C. and Hull FC. He also played a major part in making Tim Henman a world top 10 tennis player.... more on Wikipedia
15035Are they one of the best?
- Birthplace: Leigh-on-Sea, Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
- Nationality: United Kingdom,England