List of the best tennis players from Germany, listed by popularity with photos of the players when available. Germany has produced some very talented tennis players over the years, including both men and women. Be sure to also check out the best Russian tennis players and the greatest men's tennis players of the 1910s. These are some of the most talented German tennis players to ever live, so if you're a native of Germany and are aspiring to play tennis professionally then these people should be your idols. If you're searching for a particular popular tennis player from Germany then you can use the "search" box to find who you're looking for.
Players on this list include Boris Becker and Steffi Graf.
This list answers the questions, "Who are the greatest German tennis players?" and "Who is the best German tennis player of all time?"You can click on the names of these legendary tennis players of Germany in order to get more information about each one. If you play tennis or just love the sport then use this list of talented German tennis players to find some athletes you haven't heard of before.
- Photo: mirsasha / FlickrThomas Mario Haas (German pronunciation: [ˈtɔmi ˈhaːs]; born 3 April 1978) is a German former professional tennis player. He competed on the ATP Tour from 1996 to 2017. After breaking into the world top 100 in 1997, and reaching a career-high singles ranking of world No. 2 in May 2002, Haas's career was interrupted by injuries: he twice dropped out of the world rankings due to being unable to play for twelve months. His first period of injury saw him miss the whole of the 2003 season, and he did not return to the world's top 10 until 2007. He also missed over a year's tennis between February 2010 and June 2011, but afterwards returned to play on the tour. He returned to world No. 11 in 2013... more on Wikipedia
7536Are they one of the best?
- Birthplace: Hamburg, Germany
- Nationality: United States of America, Germany
- Year Turned Pro: 1996
Michael StichMichael Detlef Stich (born 18 October 1968) is a former professional tennis player from Germany. He won the men's singles title at Wimbledon in 1991, the men's doubles titles at both Wimbledon and the Olympic Games in 1992, and was a singles runner-up at the 1994 US Open and the 1996 French Open. Stich won 18 singles titles and 10 doubles titles. His career-high singles ranking was World No. 2 in 1993.... more on Wikipedia
7341Are they one of the best?
- Birthplace: Pinneberg, Germany
- Nationality: Germany
- Year Turned Pro: 1988
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesClaudia Kohde-Kilsch (née Kohde; born 11 December 1963) is a former German tennis player and member of the Die Linke. During her tennis career, she won two women's doubles Grand Slam titles. She also won eight singles titles and a total of 25 doubles titles.... more on Wikipedia
7644Are they one of the best?
- Birthplace: Saarbrücken, Germany
- Nationality: West Germany, Germany
- Year Turned Pro: 1980-01-01
- Angelique Kerber (German: [ʔandʒɛˈliːk ˈkɛɐ̯bɐ]; born 18 January 1988) is a German professional tennis player. A former world No. 1 and winner of three Grand Slam tournaments, she made her professional debut in 2003 and rose to prominence upon reaching the semifinals of the 2011 US Open as the No. 92-ranked player in the world. She ascended to the top of the rankings on 12 September 2016, thus becoming the twenty-second and oldest player to achieve the number-one ranking for the first time and the first new number-one player since Victoria Azarenka in 2012.A left-hander known for her counter-punching all-court game, Kerber has won 12 career singles titles across all surfaces on the WTA... more on Wikipedia
12595Are they one of the best?
- Birthplace: Bremen, Germany
- Nationality: Germany,Poland
- Year Turned Pro: 2003