List of the best tennis players from Slovakia, listed by popularity with photos of the players when available. Slovakia has produced some very talented tennis players over the years, including both men and women. These are some of the most talented Slovakian tennis players to ever live, so if you're a native of Slovakia and are aspiring to play tennis professionally then these people should be your idols. If you're searching for a particular popular tennis player from Slovakia then you can use the "search" box to find who you're looking for.
List features Chantal Škamlová, Karol Beck and more.
This list answers the questions, "Who are the greatest Slovakian tennis players?" and "Who is the best Slovakian tennis player of all time?"You can click on the names of these legendary tennis players of Slovakia in order to get more information about each one. If you play tennis or just love the sport then use this list of talented Slovakian tennis players to find some athletes you haven't heard of before.
- Daniela Hantuchová (Slovak pronunciation: [ˈdaɲɪ̯ɛla ˈɦantuxɔʋaː]; born 23 April 1983) is a retired Slovakian tennis player. She turned professional in 1999 and had her breakthrough year in 2002, when she won her first WTA tournament, the Indian Wells Masters, defeating Martina Hingis in the final and becoming the lowest-ranked player to ever win the tournament. She also reached the quarterfinals of that year's Wimbledon Championships and US Open, ending the year in the top ten. She was part of the Slovak team that won the 2002 Fed Cup and the 2005 Hopman Cup. Hantuchová reached her highest ranking of world No. 5 in January 2003, after playing the quarterfinals of the Australian Open. She... more
5724Are they the best?
- Birthplace: Poprad, Slovakia
- Nationality: Slovakia
- Year Turned Pro: 1999-05
- Jarmila Wolfe (née Gajdošová, formerly Groth; born 26 April 1987) is a Slovak-Australian former tennis player. She won two singles titles and one doubles title on the WTA Tour, as well as 14 singles and nine doubles titles on the ITF Women's Circuit in her career. She won her first WTA title in 2006 emerging as the Nordea Nordic Light Open doubles champion, her first singles title came in 2010 at the Guangzhou International Open, and the following year she won the Hobart International. In May 2011, she reached her best singles ranking of world No. 25. In August 2012, she peaked at No. 31 in the doubles rankings. Her greatest achievement came at the 2013 Australian Open, where she won the... more
4313Are they the best?
- Birthplace: Bratislava, Slovakia
- Nationality: Slovakia, Australia
- Year Turned Pro: 2005-05
- Jana Čepelová (Slovak pronunciation: [ˈjana ˈtʃɛpɛlɔʋaː]; born 29 May 1993) is a Slovak tennis player. She has won five singles and three doubles titles on the ITF Women's Circuit. On 12 May 2014, she reached her best singles ranking of world No. 50. On 18 May 2015, she peaked at No. 158 in the doubles rankings. Čepelová's best result at a major event was the third round of the 2012 and 2016 Wimbledon Championships. As a junior, she won the girls' doubles at the 2010 Australian Open with Chantal Škamlová.... more
367Are they the best?
- Birthplace: Košice, Slovakia
- Nationality: Slovakia
Anna Karolina Schmiedlova378Are they the best?