This list of famous women with postpartum depression is loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Postpartum depression is a clinical disorder that affects women after they give birth. Common symptoms include sadness, hopelessness, emptiness, and guilt. Several famous actresses and musicians have suffered from the effects of postpartum depression.
Who is the most famous woman who had postpartum depression? Angelina Jolie tops this list. In 2008, Angelina Jolie reportedly suffered from postpartum depression after giving birth to twins Vivienne and Knox. Gwyneth Paltrow had a hard time connecting with her son Moses in 2006, also because of postpartum depression.
Even Princess Diana suffered from postpartum depression after giving birth to her son, Prince William. She told Martin Bashir, "I was unwell with post-natal depression, which no one ever discusses, post-natal depression, you have to read about it afterwards, and that in itself was a bit of a difficult time. You'd wake up in the morning feeling you didn't want to get out of bed, you felt misunderstood, and just very, very low in yourself."Do you know any people who have struggled with postpartum depression? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
After the birth of her first daughter, Kaya, Hayden Panettiere opened up about her experience with postpartum depression on Live! With Kelly and Michael in 2015. She said, "There's a lot of misunderstanding - there's a lot of people out there that think that it's not real, that it's not true, that it's something that's made up in their minds, that 'Oh, it's hormones.' They brush it off. It's something that's completely uncontrollable. It's really painful and it's really scary, and women need a lot of support."
In October of 2015, she checked into a treatment facility to help her deal with her condition.Source: People
- Born: 1989-08-21
- Age: 26
- Birthplace: Palisades, New York, USA
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseIn 2008, Angelina Jolie reportedly suffered from postpartum depression after giving birth to her twins, Vivienne and Knox.
- Born: 1975
- Age: 40
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseBritney Spears reportedly suffered from postpartum depression after the births of both of her children. Many believe that Spears' erratic behavior in 2007 can be attributed to the disorder.
- Born: 1981-12-02
- Age: 38
- Birthplace: McComb, Mississippi, United States of America
- Photo: Tinseltown / ShutterstockGwyneth Paltrow had a hard time connecting with her son Moses in 2006 because of postpartum depression. She told People, "I didn't feel like I'm dying or I'm crazy - period. It's like, 'Oh, this is a thing. This is a real thing and these are the symptoms and I have them all.'"
- Born: 1972-09-27
- Age: 43
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, USA