Before the MCU boom of the 2000s, comic book readers spent countless hours arguing about which actors should play their favorite characters in film adaptations. Since then, over a 18 MCU films have been released, and the cast has remained relatively consistent throughout. Many people feel the chosen actors are perfect for their roles, so it can be hard to imagine anyone else stepping into the suits.
While Robert Downey Jr. fully embodies the role of Tony Stark, it’s still fun to think about who would play Iron Man in the '90s. Depending on the '90s actor chosen, the resulting film would undoubtedly be much different than what we're used to. If Nicolas Cage became Tony Stark, the billionaire would almost certainly be a raving lunatic. If Tom Hanks were Iron Man, then the hero would be bumbling and sweet. Some '90s actors were actually considered for the lead role in 2008's Iron Man, and if things had played out differently, the name Tony Stark would be associated with Tom Cruise's face.
- 1126 VOTESPhoto: Jerry Maguire / Sony Pictures Entertainment
- 2116 VOTESPhoto: Fight Club / 20th Century Fox
- 390 VOTESPhoto: The X-Files / 20th Century Fox
- 4108 VOTESPhoto: The Saint / Paramount
- 5103 VOTESPhoto: Bird on a Wire / Universal Pictures Entertainment
- 685 VOTESPhoto: The Rock / Hollywood Pictures Home Entertainment