The best movies about fathers and daughters come in many forms. Some father daughter relationship movies are about overcoming hardships while other movies about father and daughters are comedies. A few of the greatest father and daughter movies are even a bit weird. Others show how far a daughter will go because they love their father like Mulan.
What films will you find on this best father-daughter movie list? Steve Martin played the most lovable father in the world in the 1991 film, Father of the Bride. The film's sequel found him preparing for the new role of grandfather, as he saddles up for another run at fatherhood. The Descendants, starring George Clooney, is another good movie which examines father-daughter relationships.
After Liam Neeson's daughter is captured in the 2008 movie, Taken, he reveals that he has a very particular set of skills, skills he has acquired over a very long career. Other good films on this top father-daughter movies list include Brave, To Kill a Mockingbird and The Lovely Bones.
Which movie about dads and daughters do you think deserves the top spot on this list? Let your voice be heard by giving your favorites a vote up and vote down any films you think other fans should skip.
- An adventurous teenager sails out on a daring mission to save her people. During her journey, Moana meets the once-mighty demigod Maui, who guides her in her quest to become a master way-finder. ...more
- Supervillain Gru, a man who delights in all things wicked, hatches a plan to steal the moon. Surrounded by an army of little yellow minions and his impenetrable arsenal of weapons and war machines, ...more
- Bachelor football star Joe Kingman (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) seems to have it all. He is wealthy and carefree, and his team is on the way to capturing a championship. Suddenly, he is tackled by ...more
- Anna Foster (Mandy Moore), code-named "Liberty," the daughter of the president of the United States (Mark Harmon), can't get the Secret Service off her back when she goes on dates with boys. ...more
- Scout Finch (Mary Badham), 6,and her older brother, Jem (Phillip Alford), live in sleepy Maycomb, Ala., spending much of their time with their friend Dill (John Megna) and spying on their reclusive ...more
- Tomboy Vada Sultenfuss (Anna Chlumsky) has good reason to be morbid: her mother died giving birth to her, and her father (Dan Aykroyd) operates a funeral service out of their home. The other kids ...more
- In a Mexico City wracked by a recent wave of kidnappings, ex-CIA operative John Creasy (Denzel Washington) reluctantly accepts a job as a bodyguard for 9-year-old Lupita (Dakota Fanning), the ...more
- Fatherhood is a 2021 American drama film directed by Paul Weitz, based on the memoir of Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love by Matthew Logelin. A father (Kevin Hart) brings up his baby ...more
- In modern-day Wyoming, teenager Katy McLaughlin (Alison Lohman) dreams of working on and, one day, taking over her father's ranch. She tames a mustang and names her Flicka, then finds that she and ...more
- Fearful that her ailing father will be drafted into the Chinese military, Mulan (Ming-Na Wen) takes his spot -- though, as a girl living under a patriarchal regime, she is technically unqualified to ...more
- Instant Family is a 2018 comedy film directed by Sean Anders. Couple Pete (Mark Wahlberg) and Ellie (Rose Byrne) find themselves in over their heads when they adopt three children.
- An arrogant young prince (Robby Benson) and his castle's servants fall under the spell of a wicked enchantress, who turns him into the hideous Beast until he learns to love and be loved in return. ...more
- Kat Stratford (Julia Stiles) is beautiful, smart and quite abrasive to most of her fellow teens, meaning that she doesn't attract many boys. Unfortunately for her younger sister, Bianca (Larisa ...more
- Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson), a former government operative, is trying to reconnect with his daughter, Kim (Maggie Grace). Then his worst fears become real when sex slavers abduct Kim and her friend ...more
- In this update of a 1961 film, twins Annie and Hallie (Lindsay Lohan) are strangers until happenstance unites them. The preteen girls' divorced parents, Nick (Dennis Quaid) and Elizabeth (Natasha ...more
- Samantha MacKenzie (Katie Holmes), the daughter of the president of the United States (Michael Keaton), arrives at college with a group of Secret Service agents. Samantha, however, resents their ...more
- Like many busy professionals, Evan Danielson (Eddie Murphy) is so focused on his career that quality time with his young daughter, Olivia (Yara Shahidi), has fallen by the wayside. When an important ...more
- After Amy (Anna Paquin) loses her mother in a car accident, she must uproot her life and move to Canada to live with her father, Thomas, (Jeff Daniels), an oddball inventor with whom she has no ...more
- In Disney's beguiling animated romp, rebellious 16-year-old mermaid Ariel (Jodi Benson) is fascinated with life on land. On one of her visits to the surface, which are forbidden by her controlling ...more
- The Father is a 2020 drama film directed by Florian Zeller, based on his 2012 play Le Père. A man (Anthony Hopkins) struggles with aging as his daughter (Olivia Coleman) moves into his apartment with ...more
- George Banks (Steve Martin) and his wife, Nina (Diane Keaton), are the proud parents of Annie (Kimberly Williams), but when she returns from studying abroad and announces that she's engaged, their ...more
- Life is an adventure for a courageous youngster named Nim (Abigail Breslin), who lives on an exotic island with her marine-biologist father. and a menagerie of animal friends. When Nim's father goes ...more
- Merida (Kelly Macdonald), the impetuous but courageous daughter of Scottish King Fergus (Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (Emma Thompson), is a skilled archer who wants to carve out her own path in ...more
- "I Am Sam" is the compelling story of Sam Dawson (Sean Penn), a mentally-challenged father raising his daughter Lucy (Dakota Fanning) with the help of a unique group of friends. As Lucy turns seven ...more
- Ben Crane (Kurt Russell) is a horse trainer who is struggling to connect with his precocious daughter, Cale (Dakota Fanning). But then a horse by the name of Soñador suffers a broken leg after its ...more