Fatz recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Fatz menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Fatz, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Fatz popular food, so you can bring the exotic tastes of one of the top restaurant chains in the US to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Located primarily in the Southeastern US, Fatz (known until 2011 as Fatz cafe) has 48 locations that serve South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Virginia. The traditional/new American menu offers fare such as chicken, salads, soups, and sandwiches in a casual dining atmosphere.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.Making Fatz recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Fatz recipes from around the Web.
Baked Potato SoupPhoto: flickr / CC0
9 baking potatoes- Prick potatoes with a fork and cook in the microwave, 3 or 4 at a time, and scoop out the flesh.
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
6 cups whole milk
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup bacon bits, divided
4 green onions, chopped
10 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in flour and cook about a minute.
- Whisk in milk, a little at a time; stir constantly until thickened.
- Stir in potatoes, salt, pepper, 1/3 cup bacon bits, 2 tablespoons green onions and most of the cheese.
- Cook until thoroughly heated; stir in sour cream and heat through.
-Serve with remaining bacon, onions and cheese.24966Would you try this?
Calabash ChickenPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
12 chicken breast fillets , cut into strips
1/2 cup kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cups buttermilk
1 1/2-2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
peanut oil (for frying)
* Dipping Sauce- A day before frying, mix salt, sage and thyme together in a plastic bag.
1 hidden valley ranch dressing mix , package
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup milk
- Add chicken pieces and toss until they are evenly and lightly coated.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Rinse chicken under running water and place in a shallow dish.
- Pour buttermilk over chicken.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, combine flour, salt and pepper in another shallow dish.
- Drain buttermilk from chicken pieces, but do not dry them.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet or saute pan over high heat. Add 1 inch of peanut oil and heat until almost smoking.
- Carefully place chicken in hot oil, leaving plenty of space between the pieces.
- Reduce heat to medium head and cook chicken for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Drain chicken on wire racks with paper towels underneath.
- Dipping Sauce: Mix well all ingredients in a serving bowl. Let chill in the refrigerator prior to serving.17333Would you try this?
Edisto Shrimp and GritsPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
30 pieces jumbo shrimp
12 oz. popcorn shrimp
12 oz. Parmesan cheese
6 oz. bacon bits (warm)
¾ cup sliced mushrooms
½ oz. lemon juice
1 oz. diced yellow onions
2 oz. Golden Award or other liquid butter
4 oz. Burgundy wine
2 oz. Trio Brown Gravy dry mix
drop of garlic-seasoned olive oil
dash of salt
dash of cayenne pepper
Stone-Ground Cheese Grits:- Stone-ground cheese grits: Bring water and milk to a boil. Add grits, mixed cheese and chicken base. Simmer for 30 minutes. After 20 minutes of simmering, add butter and stir well. Cook for another 10 minutes.
2 cups white stone-ground grits
1 quart water
1 quart milk
2 tbsp chicken base
1½ cups mixed Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese
1⁄8 cup butter/margarine blend
- Burgundy gravy: In a pot add Golden Award liquid butter, onions, mushrooms, wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add salt, garlic and cayenne; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pot, mix dry brown gravy mix and hot water by following instructions on package.
- Add gravy mix to mushroom-wine mixture, cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Edisto shrimp: Lightly sprinkle jumbo and popcorn shrimp with blackening seasonings and cook on a flat top. (Follow proper blackening procedures.) Place 8 oz. cooked stone-ground cheese grits into bowl; place 5 jumbo shrimp in a circle along outer rim and 2 oz. popcorn shrimp down middle. Add about 3 oz. of gravy, drizzling over entire dish. Sprinkle 1 oz. bacon bits on top and garnish with 2 oz. Parmesan cheese.5825Would you try this?
Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke DipPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
1can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
3/4cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
3/4 cup KRAFT Light Mayo Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ingredients; spoon into dish or pie plate.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.4113Would you try this?