List of famous film actors and actresses from Mexico, listed by their popularity with photos when available. Mexico has given birth to some great movie actors and actresses over the years, many of who have gone on to star in comedies, dramas, horror movies and more. These are some of the best Mexican screen actors in the history of the world, so if you're a native of Mexico and an aspiring actor/actress then these are people you should look up to.
The list you're viewing is made up of many different film actors, like Pilar Montenegro and Gustavo Aguilar.
This list answers the questions, "Who are the best Mexican actors?" and "Which movies stars are from Mexico?"You can click on the names of these legendary movie stars of Mexico in order to get more information about each one. If you're a film buff use this list of talented Mexican film actors to find some new movies you haven't already seen.
- Antonio Rodolfo Quinn Oaxaca (April 21, 1915 – June 3, 2001), known as Anthony Quinn, was a Mexican-Irish-American actor, painter, writer and film director. He starred in numerous critically ...more
- Salma Hayek Pinault (, Spanish: [ˈsalma ˈxaʝek]; born Salma Valgarma Hayek Jiménez; September 2, 1966) is a Mexican and American film actress and producer. She began her career in Mexico starring in ...more
- Richard Anthony "Cheech" Marín (born July 13, 1946) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, voice actor, writer and activist who gained recognition as part of the comedy act Cheech & Chong during ...more
- Ricardo Gonzalo Pedro Montalbán y Merino, KSG (; Spanish pronunciation: [montalˈβan]; 25 November 1920 – 14 January 2009) was a Mexican actor of Spanish origin. His career spanned seven decades, ...more
- Edward James Olmos (born February 24, 1947) is an American actor, director, producer, and activist. He is best known for his roles as Lieutenant Martin "Marty" Castillo in Miami Vice (1984–1989), ...more
- Mario Van Peebles (born January 15, 1957) is an American film director and actor best known for directing New Jack City in 1991. He is the son of actor and filmmaker Melvin Van Peebles, whom he ...more
- Gael García Bernal (Spanish pronunciation: [ɡaˈel ɣaɾˈsi.a βeɾˈnal]; born 30 November 1978) is a Mexican actor and producer. García Bernal is best known for his performances in the films Bad ...more
- Laura Elena, Countess von Bismarck-Schönhausen (née Martínez-Herring; March 3, 1964), commonly known as Laura Harring, is a Mexican-American actress. In 1985, Harring became the first Hispanic woman ...more
- Paul Rodriguez, Sr. (born January 19, 1955) is a Mexican-American actor, comedian, singer and rapper.
- Jacob Vargas (born August 18, 1971) is a Mexican-American actor.
- María Cristina Estela Marcela Jurado García (16 January 1924 – 5 July 2002), better known as Katy Jurado, was a Mexican actress of film, television, and theater. Jurado began her acting career in ...more
- Emilio "El Indio" Fernández (born Emilio Fernández Romo, Spanish: [eˈmiljo feɾˈnandes ˈromo]; March 26, 1904 – August 6, 1986) was a Mexican film director, actor and screenwriter. He was one of the ...more
- Pedro Armendáriz Bohr (April 6, 1940 – December 26, 2011), better known by his stage name Pedro Armendáriz Jr., was a Mexican actor who made films and television series from the United States and ...more
- Pedro Armendáriz (born Pedro Gregorio Armendáriz Hastings; May 9, 1912 – June 18, 1963) was a Mexican film actor who made films in both Mexico and the United States. With Dolores del Río and María ...more
- Olivia Trinidad Harrison (née Arias; born May 18, 1948) is an American author and film producer, and the widow of musician George Harrison of the Beatles. She first worked in the music industry in ...more
- Louis Székely (born September 12, 1967), known professionally as Louis C.K. is an American stand-up comedian, screenwriter, actor, and filmmaker. C.K. won three Peabody Awards, three Grammy Awards, ...more
- Gilbert Roland (born Luis Antonio Dámaso de Alonso, December 11, 1905 – May 15, 1994) was a Mexican-born American film and television actor whose career spanned seven decades from the 1920s until the ...more
- Mimí Derba (July 9, 1893 – July 14, 1953) was a Mexican actress and screenwriter, and the first female director in Mexico. Derba founded one of the very first Mexican production companies, Azteca ...more
- Jorge Luke was an actor and musician.
- Jaime Fernández Reyes (December 6, 1937 – April 15, 2005) was a Mexican actor. Over his career, he won 3 Silver Ariel awards - the Mexican equivalent of the Oscar - including one for what is ...more
- Juan Garcia was an actor, screenwriter and film director.
- Marimar Vega is a Mexican actress. Vega studied acting in Centro de Formacion Actoral of TV Azteca.
- Lucero Hogaza León (Spanish pronunciation: [luˈseɾo]; born 29 August 1969), known as Lucero, is a Mexican singer, songwriter, actress, and television host. She is a multi-platinum singer in Mexico, ...more
- Elpidia Carrillo (born August 16, 1961) is a Mexican and American actress and director. Her career includes roles in both Latin American and US film and television. She is best known in the United ...more
- Anabelle Gutierrez is an actor.