Editor's Note: Voting and Reranking have been closed.
Deaths by formula one car crash are listed below. Fatal F1 racing accidents at races that occured after the inauguration of the World Championship in 1950 are listed here. The number of formula1 race drivers killed on race tracks could be due to motor malfunction, driver's carelessness, or could be just bad luck. Listed below are all F1 race drivers killed at the FIA World Championship race weekend and those killed because of formula one car crash elsewhere. The names of F1 cars that crashed, are seen in the discussion column.
- Video: YouTubeLotusAlan Stacey (29 August 1933 – 19 June 1960) was a British racing driver. He began his association with Lotus when he built one of the MkVI kits then being offered by the company. Having raced this car he went on to build an Eleven, eventually campaigning it at Le Mans under the Team Lotus umbrella. During the following years he spent much time developing the Lotus Grand Prix cars, most notably the front engined 16 and then the 18. He participated in 7 Formula One World Championship Grands Prix, debuting on 19 July 1958. He scored no championship points. He also participated in several non-Championship Formula One races.... more
- Age: Dec. at 26 (1933-1960)
- Birthplace: United Kingdom
- Photo: user uploaded imageWilliamsAyrton Senna da Silva (Brazilian Portuguese: [aˈiʁtõ ˈsẽnɐ dɐ ˈsiwvɐ] (listen); 21 March 1960 – 1 May 1994) was a Brazilian racing driver who won Formula One world championships for McLaren in 1988, 1990 and 1991, and who is widely regarded as one of the greatest Formula One drivers of all time. He died in an accident while leading the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix for Williams.Senna began his motorsport career in karting, moved up to open-wheel racing in 1981, and won the 1983 British Formula Three Championship. He made his Formula One debut with Toleman-Hart in 1984, before moving to Lotus-Renault the following year and winning six Grands Prix over the next three seasons. In 1988, he joined... more
- Age: Dec. at 34 (1960-1994)
- Video: YouTubeKurtis KraftWilliam John Vukovich Sr. (; December 13, 1918 – May 30, 1955) was an American automobile racing driver. He won the 1953 and 1954 Indianapolis 500 plus two more American Automobile Association National Championship races. Several drivers of his generation have referred to Vukovich as the greatest ever in American motorsport. ... more
- Age: Dec. at 36 (1918-1955)
- Birthplace: Fresno, California
- Photo: user uploaded imageBrabhamRobert Paul Anderson (born March 31, 1938) is a former American football halfback in the National Football League for the New York Giants. He played college football at the United States Military Academy and was drafted in the ninth round of the 1960 NFL Draft.... more
- Age: 83
- Birthplace: Elizabeth, New Jersey